Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Agents Moves to Find Hidden Caps
(05-25-2022, 08:49 PM)unclemike Wrote: More interesting than not dying when being executed as a hostage (100% successful escape attempt even when opposing agents are on guard) are the special abilities or effects of being an Immortal.

Here are a few of them (tentative):

- An Immortal knows when another kingdom has enamored a region that he is substantial or better in

- An Immortal knows who sent a Raven to a kingdom-controlled pop center or an Agent performing a recon

- An Immortal's majestic presence allows wizards in their kingdoms to exceed their max assured limit by up to two levels

- An Immortal has a higher chance of escaping capture by an opposing military group when their capital falls (similar to a Secret Passages building effect)

Note that not every ruler may become Immortal. Only a limited number of kingdoms will start the game as an Immortal. For example, the Elven, Red Dragon, and Lizard Men rulers begin as Immortal.

Dark Elves, Ancient Ones and Demons always seem kind of immortal, but maybe they're just real old.

In the example Unclemike gave, the necromancer king was immortal, which also makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-MKq27hIQ

(05-24-2022, 07:32 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 01:44 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: ...

In another thread Unclemike said he was working on new changes, I am eager to see what they are.

I'm not going to tell but here's a quick peek at something new for certain rulers (look under the name)...

Here's a better symbol of an Immortal in the game. The previous graphic wasn't as classy or elegant looking as this one...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I see some new emi names, too. King "The Painted Man" has a nice ring to it.

(06-16-2022, 01:08 PM)unclemike Wrote:

In another thread Unclemike said he was working on new changes, I am eager to see what they are.

I'm not going to tell but here's a quick peek at something new for certain rulers (look under the name)...

Here's a better symbol of an Immortal in the game. The previous graphic wasn't as classy or elegant looking as this one...
That says Eternal,  not Immortal

(06-16-2022, 10:08 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 01:08 PM)unclemike Wrote:

That says Eternal,  not Immortal

Right. When you become Immortal, you're an Eternal being that lives forever because you cannot die. Makes sense...

I forgot to add the broadcast message text sent to all kingdoms whenever a ruler becomes immortal by reading the magical scroll. Hope it helps with the eternal graphic...

(06-17-2022, 01:32 PM)unclemike Wrote: I forgot to add the broadcast message text sent to all kingdoms whenever a ruler becomes immortal by reading the magical scroll. Hope it helps with the eternal graphic...

Or when an enemy agent tries to assassinate an immortal ruler...

I have enjoyed this game off and on for many many years, however, things can be over tweaked and adjusted.
I think it would be nice to have a few more basic/standard options in a game. The games seem to always play out the same, ...several bounties 1 million food production and wizards and troops making any PC takeable. Gets kinda old and the fun wears off.
just my thoughts.