Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back into the arena.
A few days ago, I received a call from Brek. He was a bit depressed. He said he was whopping everyone's butt in Alamaze so bad he didn't even feel challenged anymore. Being an excellent cousin, I cannot allow a family member to fall into such a deep melancholy, so I decided it was my duty to come and put a boot in his ass. As I am very concerned for my beloved cousin's mental health, please help me by attacking Brek as often as possible and in the most creative and devious ways.

Now on the serious side. I had taken a break because, as some may know, I work in the offshore shipping industry, and I changed to a new boat that took me far offshore for 8 to 10 days at a time. This made doing turns pretty much impossible. I was recently assigned to another vessel that stays closer to shore and gives me more opportunities to do my turns. So I thought I would through my hat back in the arena and bring Brek back into check.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

I see you're in one game, but you get two in the starter package - what's stopping you from joining the game that's in the waiting queue now, you big wimp!

And seriously, welcome back. Though I blame you 100% for the backlog of goods in the world.

(10-17-2022, 07:40 PM)DuPont Wrote: I see you're in one game, but you get two in the starter package - what's stopping you from joining the game that's in the waiting queue now, you big wimp!

And seriously, welcome back. Though I blame you 100% for the backlog of goods in the world.

I am only a little responsible. Wish I was totally responsible because then I would be rich and be able to play in all the games. 

The game in the air is 24 hours. It is too short a turn for me. I can still spend a good 24 hours out of cell range when at sea. 

Speaking of blame. I blame Bermuda for the Bermuda Triangle. ?
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(10-17-2022, 08:34 PM)Strylian Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 07:40 PM)DuPont Wrote: I see you're in one game, but you get two in the starter package - what's stopping you from joining the game that's in the waiting queue now, you big wimp!

I am only a little responsible. Wish I was totally responsible because then I would be rich and be able to play in all the games. 

The game in the air is 24 hours. It is too short a turn for me. I can still spend a good 24 hours out of cell range when at sea. 

Huh - didn't realize it was 24 hours. Not that I mind, but that could have caught me out had I not known it.
Funny thing, nobody talks about the Bermuda Triangle anymore. I guess GPS has made the kidnapping aliens go away. I did read a fascinating book about the Mary Celeste last year. The author comes up with an explanation and I'm fairly sure it's the right one. I've read any number of books over the years that claim to 'solve' old mysteries like who was Jack the Ripper or things like that but at the end of the day, they were not very satisfying because it was just the author's best guess and it was never airtight enough to be convincing. But in the case of the Mary Celeste, even looking into other sources, I now 100% believe that the answer has been revealed. Fascinating book, really. The joke is, while the Mary Celeste was one of the founding stones of the Bermuda Triangle myth, it happened well out of the actual triangle.

I believe that it is caused by methane gas released from below the ocean floor. It creates a giant bubble that effects ships by causing them to suddenly drop and get swamped when the water comes back in. The same thing happens to airplanes. They loose their lift and drop like a rock. Also pirates are still alive and well in the Caribbean. They mainly just go after private boats and yachts but they will come up on them in the dark of the night. Kill everyone on board then take the boats to an an inhabited island and scrap it. It is surprising how much of that still goes on.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(10-17-2022, 09:06 PM)DuPont Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 08:34 PM)Strylian Wrote:

Huh - didn't realize it was 24 hours. Not that I mind, but that could have caught me out had I not known it.
Funny thing, nobody talks about the Bermuda Triangle anymore. I guess GPS has made the kidnapping aliens go away. I did read a fascinating book about the Mary Celeste last year. The author comes up with an explanation and I'm fairly sure it's the right one. I've read any number of books over the years that claim to 'solve' old mysteries like who was Jack the Ripper or things like that but at the end of the day, they were not very satisfying because it was just the author's best guess and it was never airtight enough to be convincing. But in the case of the Mary Celeste, even looking into other sources, I now 100% believe that the answer has been revealed. Fascinating book, really. The joke is, while the Mary Celeste was one of the founding stones of the Bermuda Triangle myth, it happened well out of the actual triangle.

Ironically, the captain, Benjamin Briggs, came from Wareham MA, a few miles from my home in Bourne.  It's a small world indeed.

Sorry everyone, I did not realize I setup the new registration for 24 hours. I have created a second game at the 48 hour interval. I will ask that everyone drop the 24 hour game and join the 48 hour game.

(10-17-2022, 09:50 PM)Strylian Wrote: I believe that it is caused by methane gas released from below the ocean floor. It creates a giant bubble that effects ships by causing them to suddenly drop and get swamped when the water comes back in. The same thing happens to airplanes. They loose their lift and drop like a rock.

In other words, the farts of Cthulhu?

Anyway, you no longer have an excuse at the new game is now 48 hours. Cowboy up!

(10-18-2022, 01:05 AM)DuPont Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 09:50 PM)Strylian Wrote: I believe that it is caused by methane gas released from below the ocean floor. It creates a giant bubble that effects ships by causing them to suddenly drop and get swamped when the water comes back in. The same thing happens to airplanes. They loose their lift and drop like a rock.

In other words, the farts of Cthulhu?

Anyway, you no longer have an excuse at the new game is now 48 hours. Cowboy up!

Cowboy Up? You wanting to ride my pony or something?

I took the Dwarves for old time sake plus I don’t want you enjoying the ride to much. Lol

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(10-18-2022, 12:44 AM)gkmetty Wrote: Sorry everyone, I did not realize I setup the new registration for 24 hours.  I have created a second game at the 48 hour interval.  I will ask that everyone drop the 24 hour game and join the 48 hour game.

Thanks GKmetty

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief