Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5642 Steel
UN - Glowamane1, I don't know what position you are playing but if the UN has only sent in patrols, which do no harm, and sent agents into "your lands" then you have no worries. If those same agents take action, then you have a problem.

Well i finally found a fight on T37. I am going to lose it, but at least it’s some group vs. group action! A curse on your thick Dwarven skins and my lack of foresight to read up on it first.

(02-05-2023, 01:31 PM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: Well i finally found a fight on T37.  I am going to lose it, but at least it’s some group vs. group action! A curse on your thick Dwarven skins and my lack of foresight to read up on it first.

Should be fun. Your group has been taking legendary castles easily, so it is definitely a serious fight. Hopefully, I do enough damage to at least protect my capital.

I'm just curious. Why has the UN allowed the DU to take and hold a village in the UN's region, in the water, and presumably running mercantile fleets out of it ... for the last 3 turns?

(02-07-2023, 05:44 PM)Lord Garth Wrote: I'm just curious.   Why has the UN allowed the DU to take and hold a village in the UN's region, in the water, and presumably running mercantile fleets out of it ... for the last 3 turns?

Du --> He didn't allow anything. I took it after he kidnapped a bunch of my agents.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(02-07-2023, 05:52 AM)VballMichael Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 01:31 PM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: Well i finally found a fight on T37.  I am going to lose it, but at least it’s some group vs. group action! A curse on your thick Dwarven skins and my lack of foresight to read up on it first.

Should be fun. Your group has been taking legendary castles easily, so it is definitely a serious fight. Hopefully, I do enough damage to at least protect my capital.

That was surprising.

(02-07-2023, 10:50 PM)uncledarkside2 Wrote:

That was surprising.

DW - All
I was also surprised. The Sorcerer group was amazing and huge and magical and pretty much devastated my poor Dwarves. And this was after he took Zanthia over the last few turns. So, the SO is on his way to the win, with only two turns left. My remaining army will die the good fight this turn and then good luck to poor, soon--to-be-conquered Stormgate and its cute little village.

(02-08-2023, 02:52 AM)VballMichael Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 10:50 PM)uncledarkside2 Wrote:

That was surprising.

DW - All
I was also surprised. The Sorcerer group was amazing and huge and magical and pretty much devastated my poor Dwarves. And this was after he took Zanthia over the last few turns. So, the SO is on his way to the win, with only two turns left. My remaining army will die the good fight this turn and then good luck to poor, soon--to-be-conquered Stormgate and its cute little village.

I cant take stormgate. Too many losses last turn.

ok well now somebody has to post the battle results

Reports of our Military engagements:

Grp Battle Image
Battle between the Sorcerer army group and the Dwarven army group in the plains of area NP:
Sorcerer Dwarven

Commanders
Warlord Warlord [*Stunned*]
Lord Commander Warlord
Marshal Warlord

Wizards
Power-12 Power-7
Power-9 Power-7
Power-8

Brigades
1 Iron Golem Regular 5 Dwarves Elite
11 Vikings Elite 10 Dwarves Veteran
5 Vikings Veteran 3 Dwarves Regular
5 Orcs Elite 1 Mammoths Elite
5 Orcs Veteran 5 Minotaurs Regular
3 Orcs Regular 6 Wildlings Regular
5 Specters Regular 4 War Machines Veteran
13 Skeletons Veteran
7 Skeletons Regular

Combat Factors
Forged Armor Mithril Armor
Forged Weaponry Mithril Weaponry
Renowned Leaders Dwarven Hammers
High Morale Renowned Leaders

Tactical Selection
Standard Battle Plan Fight To The Last

The thundering stomping by the 1st Dwarven Mammoths caused fear among the ranks of their
enemy. The 4th Sorcerer morale was boosted due to the plentiful number of Orc brigades
within their ranks. The colossus 4th Sorcerer Iron Golem breathed poisonous gas upon their
enemy, disheartening their morale. The 1st Dwarven morale was boosted due to the valor of
the Minotaur brigades. In the first hour of morning, the 4th Sorcerer army group raced to
engage the defensive position of the 1st Dwarven army group led by Warlord Snark the Bold.
Holding that their nation had declared the Dwarven to be treated as an enemy of their
nation, the Sorcerer troops were clearly anxious for battle and gained a morale boost as
they prepared to fight their declared enemy! Knowing that their liege had declared the
Sorcerer to be hostile to their interests, the Dwarven forces were invigorated and had
their morale raised as they prepared to battle their declared enemy! The Dwarven fielded
its pride: its 1st group. As the attackers crossed the rolling plains, the first missiles
sang out.

- Long Range Missilers -

The Dwarven, a veteran group of steel nerves, had prepared their defenses and their hearts
for victory or death. They were prepared to Fight to the Last. Retreat was not a
consideration. The long range Sorcerer mixed types of missilers and the disciplined
crossbowmen of the Dwarven force initiated their attack. The Sorcerer lines dealt out
light damage upon the Dwarven forces in response, the Dwarven imposed light damage against
the enemy.

- Short Range Missilers -

The short range Sorcerer mixed types of missilers and the disciplined crossbowmen of the
Dwarven force initiated their attack. The Sorcerer forces claimed light losses upon the
Dwarven ranks as the Dwarven imposed light casualties to their enemy.

- Magic -

Sorcerer wizards dismounted scarcely past where the defensive missiles were falling and
began an animated spell. Power-12 wizard Constance presence (lighting attack) failed due
to 1st Dwarven magic resistance. Power-12 wizard Constance disintegrate spell failed due
to 1st Dwarven magic resistance. Sunset also had his presence be seen in similar manner.
Power-9 wizard Sunset slowly spoke in an arcane language, gestures building to a
crescendo. A dense vapor mist began to form above the battlefield, suddenly it ignites and
intense fire burns through the enemy dissolving flesh and matter! Many perished amongst
the screams. Red Son of Dre also let his presence be known in similar fashion. Power-8
wizard Red Son of Dre glowered intently and issued indecipherable utterances. With a
dazzling display of images in the air, Warlord Olag Torchmaster of the opposing force is
stunned and cannot move! Power-8 wizard Red Son of Dre slowly spoke in an arcane language,
gestures building to a crescendo. He sought through his magic to stun Warlord Snark the
Bold, but was unable to do so. A form of defensive magic protected the target from harm.
Power-8 wizard Red Son of Dre made a series of intricate gestures. He sought through his
magic to stun Warlord Trum of Hamfell, but was unable to do so. A form of defensive magic
protected the target from harm. Dwarven wizards dismounted scarcely beyond the range of
defending bowmen and began an elaborate spell. With a mere glare from his fiery eyes
Damakar's presence arcane altered the course of the engagement. Earth tremors shot forth
from him. Power-7 Wizard Damakar made a series of intricate gestures. He then created a
powerful warding, which would protect the heroes and wizards of his force from the black
magics of any opposing spellcasters. Kronix likewise had his presence be seen in similar
fashion. The Sorcerer ranks claimed minor damage upon the Dwarven lines in return, the
Dwarven dealt out minor losses against the enemy.

- Artifact -

Dwarven Warlord Olag Torchmaster displayed the Bow of Heracles for all to see, his troops
thus encouraged multiplied their efforts and the enemy's leaders quaked as the magical bow
slew enemy forces. By raising the Morning Star of Torag, Dwarven Warlord Olag Torchmaster
infused his troops with boldness and caused alarm in the minds of the Sorcerer leaders as
the magical mace slew enemy forces.

- Charge -

The outcome of the battle was still very much in doubt. The horsemen from both sides
charged ahead and clashed upon the battlefield. The Sorcerer ranks imposed light damage
upon the Dwarven ranks as the Dwarven caused minor losses to their foes.

- Melee -

The Sorcerer force maintained a distinct advantage and victory now appeared within their
grasp. Soon the infantries of each side were upon the other, and now the fighting was
bloodier than ever. The Sorcerer melee advanced forward to meet the Dwarven footmen in
close quarters. The Sorcerer forces dealt out noticable losses upon the Dwarven lines and,
in return, the Dwarven inflicted light damage to their enemy.

- Combined -

Hour after hour passed, yet none could tell which side would be the victor since both
forces were evenly matched. Despite all that had preceeded at this moment, the battle
outcome was still in doubt. Now all remaining troops of all types hurled themselves into
the thick of battle to settle matters in decisive fashion. The battle continued long past
all expectations. By now, the full remaining compliment of each force had been hurled into
the fray, feverishly struggling and bleeding these long hours seeking the glory of
victory. The Sorcerer entire force defied the Dwarven remaining troops for the final
battle. The Sorcerer lines imposed substantial casualties upon the Dwarven forces as the
Dwarven caused minor damage to their enemy.

- Conclusion -

Forces on both sides of the battlefield were exhausted and left the battle without either
side withdrawing. Sorcerer casualties were put at 18.33%. All Sorcerer leaders survived
the battle. Impressing his peers was Irian Specter, who once again has won further glory.
He is now a Grand Marshal. All the Sorcerer wizards survived the fray. Earning elevation
was an Iron Golem brigade. They are now a Veteran brigade. Due to experience, victory and
valor, a Veteran Vikings brigade has been recognized as Elite! Due to experience, victory
and valor, a Veteran Vikings brigade has been recognized as Elite! Due to experience,
victory and valor, a Veteran Orcs brigade has been recognized as Elite! Due to experience,
victory and valor, a Veteran Orcs brigade has been recognized as Elite! Due to experience,
victory and valor, a Veteran Orcs brigade has been recognized as Elite! Earning elevation
was an Orcs brigade. They are now a Veteran brigade. An Specters unit was awarded
promotion to Veteran status. An Specters unit earned promotion to Veteran status. An
Skeletons brigade of Regular experience battled bravely and have been promoted to Veteran
status. The troops are eager for further glory: morale is up! Dwarven casualties were put
at 47.57%. All Dwarven leaders survived the battle. All the Dwarven wizards survived the
fray. Due to experience, victory and valor, a Veteran Dwarves brigade has been recognized
as Elite! Due to experience, victory and valor, a Veteran Dwarves brigade has been
recognized as Elite! Earning elevation was an Dwarves brigade. They are now a Veteran
unit. An Minotaurs brigade of Regular experience fought valorously and have been promoted
to Veteran level. An Wildlings brigade of Regular experience battled bravely and have been
elevated to Veteran level. An Wildlings unit was awarded promotion to Veteran status. Due
to experience, victory and valor, a Veteran War Machines brigade has been recognized as
Elite! Losses suffered in the effort and depression of defeat have greatly reduced morale.