Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Nearly Full
In general, the chivalry bonus means no one will attack you before turn 7, I believe.
This gives you time to get a feel.

(01-25-2023, 11:58 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 11:55 PM)DuPont Wrote: You won’t regret it.

Those words do not comfort me.

Your welcome to message me for advice anytime. Free of charge, unless it ends up being good advice and you place.

[Image: Beware-Alamaze-Noob-Playing.png]

(01-25-2023, 11:58 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: OK, people, I am playing the Forgotten in this one. Feel free to post some advice, below, to help me to try and avoid utter disaster with this kingdom. All that you know, I do not know.

I'm certainly not ready for this, but alas, how could one be more forgotten than that?

Many opportunities will no doubt be lost to me. Chalk it up to a combination of inexperience, and a lack of having read the rulebook, yet.

I don't mind if you attack me. Just share some nuggets of game wisdom with me, and hopefully, I will recall them when I most need to.

Thanks, one and all!

Max,

Read the setup carefully. The Forgotten are a hard kingdom to play, especially for a first time player. Their diplomats are at a big disadvantage. Reach out to anyone for advice, this is a small but very helpful community Good luck.

R

(01-26-2023, 04:25 AM)Ruingurth Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 11:58 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: OK, people, I am playing the Forgotten in this one. Feel free to post some advice, below, to help me to try and avoid utter disaster with this kingdom. All that you know, I do not know.

I'm certainly not ready for this, but alas, how could one be more forgotten than that?

Many opportunities will no doubt be lost to me. Chalk it up to a combination of inexperience, and a lack of having read the rulebook, yet.

I don't mind if you attack me. Just share some nuggets of game wisdom with me, and hopefully, I will recall them when I most need to.

Thanks, one and all!

Max,

Read the setup carefully. The Forgotten are a hard kingdom to play, especially for a first time player. Their diplomats are at a big disadvantage. Reach out to anyone for advice, this is a small but very helpful community Good luck.

R

Noob status also netted you extra gold at setup. So, you should have enough gold to get going on your turn 1 activities.
Explore your region, set up your kingdom customization and start working on your very sad influence level.
But actually, my best advice is get a little very specific turn help from someone who is not in this current game. I believe Rellgar offered to help and he is not in this game.

(01-26-2023, 04:59 AM)VballMichael Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 04:25 AM)Ruingurth Wrote:

Thanks, one and all!

Rellgar is an awesome teacher. He let me win in my first duel game I believe, then he crushed me in the second when I thought I had truly trounced him.

Max,

R

Noob status also netted you extra gold at setup. So, you should have enough gold to get going on your turn 1 activities.
Explore your region, set up your kingdom customization and start working on your very sad influence level.
But actually, my best advice is get a little very specific turn help from someone who is not in this current game. I believe Rellgar offered to help and he is not in this game.

Rellgar is an awesome mentor. He let me win my first duel game with me, then he trounced me on the follow up when I thought that I had trampled him underfoot.

(01-26-2023, 12:41 AM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: In general, the chivalry bonus means no one will attack you before turn 7, I believe.

Clearly, there's no truth in this assertion. New players can - and will be - attacked well before Turn #7.

New players should expect to be attacked by Turn #3. I say this based upon my own first-hand experience, this turn, in Game #5644.

IMPRESSION

Always operate under the assumption that you will be attacked in Alamaze, as soon as possible.

(01-26-2023, 12:41 AM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: In general, the chivalry bonus means no one will attack you before turn 7, I believe.

No, it doesn't mean that. Chivalry represents a player who hasn't reached the final podium (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) in a game. As a bonus, chivalry players automatically receive an extra 25,000 gold on turn 0 in order to better compete against the more experienced players in the game. That's it. Anything else associated with chivalry is just made up or player-enforced...

(02-01-2023, 04:13 PM)unclemike Wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that. Chivalry represents a player who hasn't reached the final podium (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) in a game. As a bonus, chivalry players automatically receive an extra 25,000 gold on turn 0 in order to better compete against the more experienced players in the game. That's it. Anything else associated with chivalry is just made up or player-enforced...

Yes, we try not to attack new players too early, but as you pointed out, that does not always happen. In his first game, Percolay was almost eliminated by turn 7 by the invading Tyrant. But I think the Tyrant was also fairly new, so he may not have been aware of the courtesy.