Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warlock
Post your advice for playing this kingdom in this thread.

Thank you for contributing to the collective wisdom on how to best play this kingdom in Alamaze!

Not alot of difference between the WA and the SO.

The SO has Evil, Oratory and an extra Adept. Summon Undead. 8 Companion types.
The WA has Adventurers, Forethought, Night attack. Summon Monsters. 8 Companion Types.

Basically the same. And for whatever reason, people seem to think the SO has the edge because I rarely see the WA played.

The NE, DU, AL, EM, and IL are all more distinctive and defined. I think it would help to make the WA and SO distinctive from each other.

(01-13-2024, 06:13 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: Not alot of difference between the WA and the SO.

The SO has Evil, Oratory and an extra Adept.  Summon Undead.  8 Companion types.
The WA has Adventurers, Forethought, Night attack.  Summon Monsters.  8 Companion Types.

Basically the same.  And for whatever reason, people seem to think the SO has the edge because I rarely see the WA played.

The NE, DU, AL, EM, and IL are all more distinctive and defined.  I think it would help to make the WA and SO distinctive from each other.

Warlock gets group movement via wizards before any other.  That's their main difference.

SO has the best spell list?

(01-15-2024, 03:57 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: SO has the best spell list?

Great spell list, great companions, gets some spells earlier than anyone else.  I.M.O. the best magic kingdom hands down.

(01-13-2024, 12:06 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 06:13 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: Not alot of difference between the WA and the SO.

The SO has Evil, Oratory and an extra Adept.  Summon Undead.  8 Companion types.
The WA has Adventurers, Forethought, Night attack.  Summon Monsters.  8 Companion Types.

Basically the same.  And for whatever reason, people seem to think the SO has the edge because I rarely see the WA played.

The NE, DU, AL, EM, and IL are all more distinctive and defined.  I think it would help to make the WA and SO distinctive from each other.

Warlock gets group movement via wizards before any other.  That's their main difference.

This is true, Wookie. Back in the 1st and 2nd cycles there were only 3 magic nations. The WA had the early Teleport spells, the SO had the early Invisibility spells and the WI had the best brigades and the highest starting wizard in the game, Ry Vor. WI may have had better battle spells too, I forget.

But wizards do so much more today than they did then. Having a slightly altered spell list doesn't really justify a whole different kingdom to me.

I'm thinking one of them should stay the 'basic wizard kingdom' while the other should be given distinctive attributes to set it apart. Maybe their wizards would be more expensive but they start with a high level mage? Or maybe some Unique spells? Maybe one of them is cursed that makes them more powerful in some ways but less so in others.
I donno. Something.