Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about a Team - Mentors game
We have not had a mentor’s game in a long while. This is a team game, one experienced player teamed with an inexperienced player or new player.

The experienced players will post on the forum and any inexperienced player can sign up as their partner. Alternatively, an experienced player can bring a new player to the game. Perhaps a friend or family member is interested in the game. In that case you would sign up together.

There are no specific requirements to qualify as an experienced player. If you feel you have a good understanding of the game and you are willing to assist a less experienced player, you qualify.

This is a highbred format that Uncle Mike or Rick will need to setup. There may be alterations required for set-up.

- Six teams, 2 players each.
- 72 hour turns
- Communication between team members is open, e-mail, phone calls, teletype, however you feel comfortable
- Communication between different teams is via the forum.
- Control of 6 regions combined, between your two kingdoms, for victory

To maximize cooperation within the teams I have set region parings. Region pairs are set to maximize north/south matches and maintain connectivity.

The Crown Islands (1) & Krynn (4)
Darkover (2) & The Diamond Coast (3)
Triumvia (5) & Pellinor (9)
Zanthia (6) & The sword Coast (8)
Nyvaria (7) & Untamed Lands (12)
Zamora (10) & Mythgar (11)

Three round snake draft. The experienced player must draft their kingdom in the last round.

Draft order to be determined at random.

If interested sign up as either an experienced or inexperienced player on the forum.

Perhaps Rick would be willing to waive the game set-up fee for this game. Is it possible for anyone to reach him?

I would play again in this, if I can find a new player and I can find a way to pay without using PayPal.

Rellgar,

You don't need Pay Pal. Just sign in as a guest and pay with a credit card.

I am available as one of the experienced players. (Canticar)

I have a new player interested. Let's see if he can figure out how to sign up.

Confederations and Alliance games have to be manually created: they do not go through the game creator, but rather email to support indicates all the personas, kingdoms, regions, teams, turn around, victory conditions.  These are all entered by hand.

Nonetheless, 
If at least four newish players pair with four mentors, and we have four more intrepid souls, we will assign one division of Alamaze support troops to create this game, this time, for this group, 

F R E E !

A newish player is either brand new, such as the several that have been checking out the tutorial, or still under the return policy, which includes Maximus Dominus, Diws, Glowmane, Zarshand.

You can troll for your partner here, then there will be a mentor that lays out draft order, etc.  This usually takes an Entish amount of time compared to the auto Game Creator, but we are ready when you are.

Canticar (gkmetty) will help as an experienced player.

A new player and myself are ready to play.

I would like to offer my services to mentor a newer player. I would also like to reach out to Harry O, who fought me as I played the LI and he played the AT and he lost. I could help you play a better game and have fun as well.

I've never mentored before but if you got someone that needs some mentoring then I'm pretty sure I could mentor the heck out of that newbie.

Of if you just need some rando player to round out the game I could do that too.

Or if you are short newbies then fine, I'll be a newbie. I'm flexible.