Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitch / Gripes / Improvement Ideas...Share
Can you please fix the game, red elk mounts you start w in Krynn, the movement is still the starting allotment after equipping to agent. This was supposed to have been fixed awhile ago.

Game 5670 SO

(11-16-2023, 11:31 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Can you please fix the game, red elk mounts you start w in Krynn, the movement is still the starting allotment after equipping to agent. This was supposed to have been fixed awhile ago.

Game  5670 SO

Paul you can use those to a range of 10 and they will work even though you have an error report.
I think it is on the fix list that John has.

(11-16-2023, 11:47 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 11:31 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Can you please fix the game, red elk mounts you start w in Krynn, the movement is still the starting allotment after equipping to agent. This was supposed to have been fixed awhile ago.

Game  5670 SO

Paul you can use those to a range of 10 and they will work even though you have an error report.
I think it is on the fix list that John has.

Thank u, so ignore the error. Got it.Smile

(05-30-2023, 09:46 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: 8) Flight being nerfed. -3 I don't see the competitive or logical reasons behind this. If you can fly, why would you have the same movement cost as peon marchers? E.g., value of a beholder brigade flying is almost zero. I suppose you could send one across the water to another group if the other group had no nearby swamp, but you're not attacking even a village with a single beholder. Makes the flying artifacts useless.

I'm getting an error message that my emmys only have a 7 range instead of 9 as a flying kingdom.

Do the new flying kingdom emmisaries still have a 9 range? (p. 55 of the rulebook). Thanks.

(11-27-2023, 03:54 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 09:46 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: 8) Flight being nerfed. -3 I don't see the competitive or logical reasons behind this. If you can fly, why would you have the same movement cost as peon marchers? E.g., value of a beholder brigade flying is almost zero. I suppose you could send one across the water to another group if the other group had no nearby swamp, but you're not attacking even a village with a single beholder. Makes the flying artifacts useless.

I'm getting an error message that my emmys only have a 7 range instead of 9 as a flying kingdom.

Do the new flying kingdom emmisaries still have a 9 range? (p. 55 of the rulebook). Thanks.
This error is confirmed. Game 5736, turn 12 Fairy Folk, my agent range is 7, not 9 as specified in the Rulebook.

(11-30-2023, 07:36 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: This error is confirmed. Game 5736, turn 12 Fairy Folk, my agent range is 7, not 9 as specified in the Rulebook.

What page is that on, if you don't mind me asking?

(11-30-2023, 07:54 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 07:36 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: This error is confirmed. Game 5736, turn 12 Fairy Folk, my agent range is 7, not 9 as specified in the Rulebook.

p.55

Movement. Political figures (not the King/Queen/Regent) may be issued Move Emissary (Order #350) to relocate to another population center within their movement range, the default of which is 7 map areas. This range may be increased by traits such as Riders (8 areas) and Flight (9 areas), or by artifacts like Red Elk Mount (10 areas).
Emissaries, including Agents and High Priestesses, may only move to and reside within a population center. If attempt is made to move to a non-population center map area, the figure will return to its starting location.

I could be wrong that agents are like emissaries w/r/t range. I'll test it with a political.

Same error message with an emi.

I think the new kingdoms have not had their range changed for flying (and maybe riding, too).

(11-30-2023, 08:13 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 07:54 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:

p.55

Movement. Political figures (not the King/Queen/Regent) may be issued Move Emissary (Order #350) to relocate to another population center within their movement range, the default of which is 7 map areas. This range may be increased by traits such as Riders (8 areas) and Flight (9 areas), or by artifacts like Red Elk Mount (10 areas).
Emissaries, including Agents and High Priestesses, may only move to and reside within a population center. If attempt is made to move to a non-population center map area, the figure will return to its starting location.

I could be wrong that agents are like emissaries w/r/t range. I'll test it with a political.

Same error message with an emi.

I think the new kingdoms have not had their range changed for flying (and maybe riding, too).

I'm finding the same is true for riders.

The FF don't have flight only the RD and BL have it.
It is shown in the setup files.

Special Rules For The Encompassing Realm of the Fairy Folk Kingdom:
Terrain Adeptness: Supremacy in Forest

Special Rules For The Reign of Terror of the Red Dragons Kingdom:
Terrain Adeptness: Flight, Adversity in Forest (combat only)

Special Rules For The Dark Skies of the Black Dragons Kingdom:
Terrain Adeptness: Flight, Disadvantage in Forest (combat only)

I don't know about riders, but hopefully this help on the issue of the FF.

(11-30-2023, 11:07 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: The FF don't have flight only the RD and BL have it.
It is shown in the setup files.

Special Rules For The Encompassing Realm of the Fairy Folk Kingdom:
Terrain Adeptness: Supremacy in Forest

Special Rules For The Reign of Terror of the Red Dragons Kingdom:
Terrain Adeptness: Flight, Adversity in Forest (combat only)

Special Rules For The Dark Skies of the Black Dragons Kingdom:
Terrain Adeptness: Flight, Disadvantage in Forest (combat only)

I don't know about riders, but hopefully this help on the issue of the FF.

It may not say in the set-up that Fairies have the flight trait, but the fairy folks kingdom name brigades definitely fly, probably a bunch of mistakes somewhere.