Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the new Update leave them here
Since Immortals are no longer Immortal, maybe we should call them something else?

(02-11-2024, 06:11 PM)Brekk Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 03:11 PM)Strongwill Wrote: I have no problem with it. It’s just different lol.

Mike something that may (and we would need to play a few out to see how much) make a difference in over powering some kingdoms is the companion recruiting. I love having the ability to recruit more, but if a kingdom has very limited companions won’t this put them at an extreme disadvantage? I was thinking of maybe the pop recruiting could rise from 2 to 3-4 before going neutral to offset those kingdoms that have limited companions? Or do you see it not being problematic in games?

Mike, also spoke to John, need to somehow exclude drops from final status point tally’s at end game. If you don’t  finish, shouldn’t take a place in final tally. IMO

Are we going to revamp the status point? Maybe lowering building up, and increasing military, leaders and wizard development? I always thought you should get a ton more credit for having wizards at P9 or greater because of cost and risk of loss of the cost going above the assured lvl. Maybe one more tier level for wizards? Just a thought.

Strongwill, add this to the discussion link for future changes.
https://alamaze.net/forum/thread-17222.html

lol that link puts me here? Haha

(02-11-2024, 07:17 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: Since Immortals are no longer Immortal, maybe we should call them something else?

I believe they are effectively immortal, as their avatar reconstitutes itself, albeit with a century-long interval between each occurrence.

A couple of things

1 In the rulebook it still says immortal gives +2 to wizards? Update info from UM says not. Either I am reading it wrong or the rulebook needs an edit.

2.The scoring system could do with being revised. I really don't want to have to built loads of great temples to secure the win.

A lot has changed and I haven't played with the new rules, so I will update as I go on.

It is positive but clearly some feedback will be required to get the balance right.

Any chance of getting more slots to fill in the kingdom customization field?

Could you list the abilities of cyclops troops in the chart please.

(02-17-2024, 03:27 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Any chance of getting more slots to fill in the kingdom customization field?

What do you mean?

(02-16-2024, 11:55 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: A couple of things

1 In the rulebook it still says immortal gives +2 to wizards? Update info from UM says not. Either I am reading it wrong or the rulebook needs an edit.

2.The scoring system could do with being revised. I really don't want to have to built loads of great temples to secure the win.

A lot has changed and I haven't played with the new rules, so I will update as I go on.

It is positive but clearly some feedback will be required to get the balance right.

Yes some things will still need to be changed.  I am working on modifying the rulebook, so thank you for the catches.
Dont forget to signup for the Championship game #2.

The kingdom customization is an embarrassment of riches. With 20 points, and only 9 spots, you need to average, quick math... more than 2 per slot to use your 20 points. So that L2-L4 catburglar while invaluable, also makes you try to get more 3 pointers. There is no way a person might take gold. Maybe make gold 25k for 3 points?

I think players might start taking that 7 point prince just to use some points. I have never taken it, but I definitely might...

(02-17-2024, 08:08 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: The kingdom customization is an embarrassment of riches. With 20 points, and only 9 spots, you need to average, quick math... more than 2 per slot to use your 20 points. So that L2-L4 catburglar while invaluable, also makes you try to get more 3 pointers. There is no way a person might take gold. Maybe make gold 25k for 3 points?

I think players might start taking that 7 point prince just to use some points. I have never taken it, but I definitely might...

What he said

(02-17-2024, 07:05 PM)Brekk Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 03:27 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Any chance of getting more slots to fill in the kingdom customization field?

What do you mean?

Clarified by Mr. needle below, ty

The order entry site will not allow for adding both equipped weapons and armor at the same time.
The forge says they can be added at the same time, or at least the wording is misleading. Ty