Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 102
(06-11-2013, 12:59 AM)Cipher Wrote: Notice how positions 9, 13, and 14 seem to be missing? A bug perhaps?

9, 13, and 14 represent the positions that have dropped: DE, WI, TR.

This is correct, in no particular order. Another reason to stay active...

Congrats Wynand, 15 seems like a quick win with a dozen players still active, 13 players up to a couple turns ago.

We'd love see a write up on what made it possible and/or the highlights!
Ah! I assumed dropped positions would get zeroed out and be all at the bottom.

I think I can infer most of that the GI did:

- Cut a deal with the WA to leave him alone and maybe send some gold in return for Amberland and both cities.
- Helped take out the DE and grab some turf in Arcania.
- Build up regional reactions and influence and army - hire a few governors, train an agent up, etc. The miscellaneous stuff for the ESO and SVC
- Take Viperhead from the WI
- Take Triesa from the BL.
Viola! Declare SVC!

I honestly considered going for my SVC starting turn 13, but it would have required me to stab an ally and I just won't do that under any circumstances. So I'm cool with that Smile

The Warlock ended the game with control of Zarathon and Viperhead, so your theory is not entirely valid.

I wanted to play my Sorcerer kingdom as an adventure game looking for unusual sightings and testing out some theories. I retrieved just four artifacts, one of them from a town, and found four portals. I was sitting at two unusual sightings when the game ended.

For the record, my best wizard was a P-7.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-11-2013, 01:15 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The Warlock ended the game with control of Zarathon and Viperhead, so your theory is not entirely valid.

I wanted to play my Sorcerer kingdom as an adventure game looking for unusual sightings and testing out some theories. I retrieved just four artifacts, one of them from a town, and found four portals. I was sitting at two unusual sightings when the game ended.

For the record, my best wizard was a P-7.

Well, it was a guess after all Big Grin I just went with the most probably scenario given what I knew. Interesting though.

The GI and I were in Torvale and he had Meridon (taken from the AN). Not sure if he grabbed Avalon to put him over the top, though.

Actually, I was able to grab Avalon this turn...from the DE no less! (he had parlayed it last turn...) I moved 13 brigades across the sea to PI, eliminated his group and diplomacied the city to get substantial in Region 4...the EL and I had been working together for a few turns, trying to force the AN out; not an easy task, as he proved to be quite resilient!

I was almost in control of Arcania dating back to turn 7 or so, but never took the last PC I was entitled to in my split with the BL because I was worried about garnering too much attention...so it was left uncontrolled while I pursued a campaign in region 4. I believe the BL even gave some PCs to the RA in order to ensure the region didn't flip accidentally. Smile

In terms of alliances, I made friends with the WA, and almost everyone else (SO, RA, EL, UN, RD, BL)....including the WI! I had a very specific plan that called for a joint campaign into region 4 after the DE was wiped out, but at the beginning I thought it might be with the RD or the UN after they had dealt with the GN...although it ended up being with the EL.

My gold productions and armies were quite ridiculous at the end....I regularly had over 150K that I could not spend every turn for the last 3 or 4 turns.

I had 32 brigades, 1 P-4, 2 P-3s and a P-1 at the end of this last turn.

Happy to field any other questions if others are interested.

Good game all!

(06-11-2013, 02:12 AM)Wynand Wrote: Actually, I was able to grab Avalon this turn...from the DE no less! (he had parlayed it last turn...) I moved 13 brigades across the sea to PI, eliminated his group and diplomacied the city to get substantial in Region 4...the EL and I had been working together for a few turns, trying to force the AN out; not an easy task, as he proved to be quite resilient!

I was almost in control of Arcania dating back to turn 7 or so, but never took the last PC I was entitled to in my split with the BL because I was worried about garnering too much attention...so it was left uncontrolled while I pursued a campaign in region 4. I believe the BL even gave some PCs to the RA in order to ensure the region didn't flip accidentally. Smile

In terms of alliances, I made friends with the WA, and almost everyone else (SO, RA, EL, UN, RD, BL)....including the WI! I had a very specific plan that called for a joint campaign into region 4 after the DE was wiped out, but at the beginning I thought it might be with the RD or the UN after they had dealt with the GN...although it ended up being with the EL.

My gold productions and armies were quite ridiculous at the end....I regularly had over 150K that I could not spend every turn for the last 3 or 4 turns.

Good game all!
All I (RA) had in Arcania were a couple of villages..possibly three, I'd have to look. I figured it was a pretty even BL/GI split really.

(06-11-2013, 02:16 AM)Cargus10 Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 02:12 AM)Wynand Wrote: Actually, I was able to grab Avalon this turn...from the DE no less! (he had parlayed it last turn...) I moved 13 brigades across the sea to PI, eliminated his group and diplomacied the city to get substantial in Region 4...the EL and I had been working together for a few turns, trying to force the AN out; not an easy task, as he proved to be quite resilient!

Good game all!
All I (RA) had in Arcania were a couple of villages..possibly three, I'd have to look. I figured it was a pretty even BL/GI split really.

You are absolutely right...very close split with neither of us having control as a result of those villages.