Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Points
Who else thinks that the status points need a makeover?

I'd like to see them redone with less emphasis made on artifacts. Sure, artifacts should count, but so much?

Let's spread the points around. How about something for these?

- Control a city
- Have a Warlord
- A small number of points for wizards over a certain level
- An agent two levels over your kingdom's max trainable
- Controlling a Prince (not a Demon Prince)
- Having influence over 20
- More emphasis on pc ownership
- Having a town with a gold production of 20,000
- A village with a food production of 20,000
- A PC with a defense of 50,000

We don't have to scrap the points for the spells and destroying pcs.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-17-2013, 11:13 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Who else thinks that the status points need a makeover?

I'd like to see them redone with less emphasis made on artifacts. Sure, artifacts should count, but so much?

Let's spread the points around. How about something for these?

- Control a city
- Have a Warlord
- A small number of points for wizards over a certain level
- An agent two levels over your kingdom's max trainable
- Controlling a Prince (not a Demon Prince)
- Having influence over 20
- More emphasis on pc ownership
- Having a town with a gold production of 20,000
- A village with a food production of 20,000
- A PC with a defense of 50,000

We don't have to scrap the points for the spells and destroying pcs.

I like this. I agree that artifacts give an disproportionate amount of points. I would submit that in general, about 50% of status points should come from pc control and the rest form the various things you mentioned. HC Seats give a bump already don't they? I'd also give a small amount for an Influence over 20, as well as over 100K gold in treasury or 200K food. Maybe work in regional influence somehow - say a small amount if more than 4 regions are Friendly or something.

Probably should give some for achieving an ESO.

(05-19-2013, 06:03 AM)Lucky Tiger Wrote: Probably should give some for achieving an ESO.

I dunno - the ESO is already kind of it's own reward, no?

Well you get a ton of points for a victory. I think an ESO is like a small (and sometimes not so small) victory.

(05-19-2013, 06:07 AM)Lucky Tiger Wrote: Well you get a ton of points for a victory. I think an ESO is like a small (and sometimes not so small) victory.

Good point.

I doubt there will be points for accumulated gold and food. I think it would discourage people from actually doing anything with their loot.

I like the idea of awarding points for ESO completion.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-19-2013, 01:43 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I doubt there will be points for accumulated gold and food. I think it would discourage people from actually doing anything with their loot.

I like the idea of awarding points for ESO completion.

The reason I suggested gold and food stockpiles was to throw in another decision point. Sure, you WANT to use the gold for all those nifty orders. But...do you hoard some to try for extra status points? Most probably won't, but some might consider it a viable strategy, particularly a successful GN or DW for example.

I tend to think of status points more as a marker towards victory. To me, they have little value in and of themselves and I don't WANT people to know how many points I have during a game. I'd never hoard gold in hopes of bumping up my total.
I can see giving a few for achieving an ESO, but I'm not in favor of changing them otherwise.

The thing is, I can't see how giving me points for casting a particular spell is a marker towards my ultimate victory.

I should have added status points for having a wizard who has surpassed his maximum guaranteed level.
 Lord Diamond