Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Priestess death ratio
(06-02-2014, 04:22 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Just so you know - Cipher did look at this issue exactly over the weekend, as well as examining counter espionage to ensure all is working as designed and concluded they were.

I feel your pain when the HP dies (let alone 3), but need to remain constrained by the current construct. At some point (3rd Cycle or KoA), we'll have something like what we did in Fall of Rome - the HP becomes Weary (health status) after a divination and if used the next turn may become Exhausted, where she must rest to be able to divine again. We also in Fall of Rome had wounded status (light, serious, critical) for leaders and agents, and emissaries (nobles in FoR) could also have wound status via poisoning.

That's all I can ask for, thanks.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

The fatality percentage is 15%, as listed in the change posts.
Keep in mind that all 750s, for example, are processed in a random order, so if there are 10 of them on a given turn, and 2 fatalities happen to hit the same kingdom, those two instances of 750s may have had several other 750s with no deaths in between them. The player sees two deaths in a row, but that's actually not what the code produced.

(06-02-2014, 10:11 PM)Cipher Wrote: The fatality percentage is 15%, as listed in the change posts.
Keep in mind that all 750s, for example, are processed in a random order, so if there are 10 of them on a given turn, and 2 fatalities happen to hit the same kingdom, those two instances of 750s may have had several other 750s with no deaths in between them. The player sees two deaths in a row, but that's actually not what the code produced.

Just so I understand how this works. Does each event have a 15% chance of killing the HP or do 15% of the HP events result in a death? This can be a profound difference!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-02-2014, 11:48 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 10:11 PM)Cipher Wrote: The fatality percentage is 15%, as listed in the change posts.

Just so I understand how this works. Does each event have a 15% chance of killing the HP or do 15% of the HP events result in a death? This can be a profound difference!

There is a new die roll for every occurrence - leader death or promotion, agent success or failure, capture or escape, etc.