Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Stats
LD, nobody wants to be pounced upon by an invisible black dragon....

(03-14-2015, 11:31 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(03-14-2015, 10:40 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Artifacts are a major emphasis going forward.  First, in The Choosing, many will be revamped, some removed, and several new ones put in place. 

Guardians will be matched with the quality of the artifact, as was done in Fall of Rome.  A few more non-conflict unusual sightings including a Power 3 wizard and a High Priestess and a Princess. 

Nice! I still advocate the three sighting Quest.

I hope you get rid of the kingdom specific weapons like Troll Slayer and Giant Slayer.

It might also be cool to have a few sightings, or a class of them, that can only be found by landing a group on them or doing an 888 or 970 directly on the area. Meaning no HP or 978 can help you find them. Maybe the non-conflict sightings would be good candidates for this.

One last (for now) request and it is a big deal. Have the locations for all the unusually sightings be truly random. Too many are tied to certain regions and are too predictable. Why always have the Ring of Invisibility in the Northern Mists? Give the Black Dragon a chance at it!

978s already are less than they were before because they only tell you it is an artifact but not what difficulty.  so you have to 970 it or move a group to find out how hard it is.

For your last one I believe Uncle Mike already took care of this.  he likes things random  I can say the Ring of Invisibility was not in R2 in game 300.

personally I like having the kingdom specific artifacts.  like the knifes for the princes and councils.  the Dragon Slayer is just an iconic type weapon for most any fantasy setting.  a Vorpal sword that really goes for heroes head or a sword of true seeing that issues a level 7 970 on the square of the group.  Artifacts are just fun.  for sure they were one of the first things I sought after when i started playing.  I just wanted to know what they all did.

how about some cursed artifacts.
-maybe a wandering mage that joins you but then just takes up a slot and casts self invisible all the time. he transfers to any group that beats you in combat. a new safe place to hide.
-cursed sword - does not do anything bad but will not let you equip any other weapon artifacts with that group. you must go to the volcano to destroy it to remove the curse.
-cursed palantir - give you the scout info but also gives scout info of where ever your using the palatir from to the owner of the PC or group scouted.

(03-14-2015, 11:31 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Nice! I still advocate the three sighting Quest.

I hope you get rid of the kingdom specific weapons like Troll Slayer and Giant Slayer.

It might also be cool to have a few sightings, or a class of them, that can only be found by landing a group on them or doing an 888 or 970 directly on the area. Meaning no HP or 978 can help you find them. Maybe the non-conflict sightings would be good candidates for this.

One last (for now) request and it is a big deal. Have the locations for all the unusually sightings be truly random. Too many are tied to certain regions and are too predictable. Why always have the Ring of Invisibility in the Northern Mists? Give the Black Dragon a chance at it!

Yes, I want to do a 3 stage quest.  Not sure if that will be in Alamaze.  I have three games that are 50% designed, needing a developer (that might be Uncle Mike), to go forward.  One is very much heroic oriented. 

Was not aware about any regional bias for the Ring of Invisibility, but have created regional restrictions for a few, so that the Dwarves can reasonably get the Axe of Farin, or the Ranger the Sword of Alvinitar.  But no restrictions for much else.

Some (most) artifacts are always in the same general area, but UM may have fixed that. You even have a post around here somewhere describing where certain artifacts are usually found. Not just the ones that make sense like the Axe.

I like the idea of cursed artifacts, but they should all be fun. Give us a reason to visit the Void!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Yep, all artifacts are randomly located on the map except for Axe of Farin, Sword of Alvinitar, and the dimensional portals.

(03-15-2015, 01:30 PM)unclemike Wrote: Yep, all artifacts are randomly located on the map except for Axe of Farin, Sword of Alvinitar, and the dimensional portals.

I only have seen the ring of invisibility recovered once and that was from R4.

The first post on this thread has an updated file.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

The first post of this thread was updated with Game 161.
 Lord Diamond

The first post in this thread has been updated with details from Game 166.
 Lord Diamond

The first post in this thread has been updated with details from three games.
 Lord Diamond