Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portals
You know your HP will not divine portals as part of a #790 order. In addition, the care and use of portals will be simplified. For example, when you find a portal, you will know its sister portal destination without taking a turn to find out and a turn to get back. There is no morale penalty for going through them.

Hoping portals become more practical to expanding some strategic possibilities.

(09-09-2014, 02:39 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: You know your HP will not divine portals as part of a #790 order. In addition, the care and use of portals will be simplified. For example, when you find a portal, you will know its sister portal destination without taking a turn to find out and a turn to get back. There is no morale penalty for going through them.

Should also make them not possible on an island. Pretty much make it a one sided portal if the end square is somewhere like LA. Happens for R4 to R9 portal sometimes.

Portals needed some work and this will help a lot.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(09-09-2014, 02:45 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 02:39 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: You know your HP will not divine portals as part of a #790 order. In addition, the care and use of portals will be simplified. For example, when you find a portal, you will know its sister portal destination without taking a turn to find out and a turn to get back. There is no morale penalty for going through them.

Should also make them not possible on an island. Pretty much make it a one sided portal if the end square is somewhere like LA. Happens for R4 to R9 portal sometimes.
A portal to LA would eliminate the need for high speed rail in California, though.

Here's a thought - how about when you land on the portal square, it tells you what it is without having to do a whole investigation thing?

Do I remember reading there was a change to portals where you can (issue an order and) find out where it comes out? Is this order 726? It is not in the updated commands that I can see...
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(12-08-2014, 07:20 PM)Drogo Wrote: Do I remember reading there was a change to portals where you can (issue an order and) find out where it comes out?  Is this order 726?  It is not in the updated commands that I can see...

When you investigate it the portal report tells where the other side is.

The only problem is it usually costs you some 101 spells if you are sending wizard support to check it out.

#726 isn't in the Commands since it is artifact-like.  We are simplifying this from the old Portals with 4 different variations so that now when you find one end of the portal, you get the exit area.  You can also move through it without knowing the exit area if you are daring.  For example, the Dwarves and perhaps others might know the location of a portal.  They can move through it at a cost of 5 mp without knowing the exit using order #726.  There is no longer any morale loss moving through a portal.

I am not certain all this is in the code as of today.

Yes this is the case in 157. 

Gate coordinates were happened upon in region 3.  I entered a turn later and BAM - gnome fritters everywhere  Tongue

How else could the gnomes explain such a massive lizard infestation in their territory so soon. 

Cipher - your ambassador was especially scrumptious  Big Grin
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?