Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkelven Changes
a. (Forest Mastery) +35% in forest, (Marsh Mastery) +35% in marsh;
b. (Evasion in Forest and Marsh) Can avoid combat 119 tactic 1 in forest or marsh;
c. MP cost is now 7 in desert and 5 in marsh;
d. Intercept range is now 4;
e. The highest starting agent is now L5 and second highest L4 (along with the F4). An additional L1 at the capital.
f. Starting sea quality is 13;

(09-12-2014, 01:00 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: a. (Forest Mastery) +35% in forest, (Marsh Mastery) +35% in marsh;
b. (Evasion in Forest and Marsh) Can avoid combat 119 tactic 1 in forest or marsh;
c. MP cost is now 7 in desert and 5 in marsh;
d. Intercept range is now 4;
e. The highest starting agent is now L5 and second highest L4 (along with the F4). An additional L1 at the capital.
f. Starting sea quality is 13;

That's cool. These guys needed a little boost.

I am concerned about the DW, DA, and EL always avoiding combat in their chosen terrain. Can't they just sit outside the city and 171 it back after it has been attacked if they want? It could become almost impossible to take their chosen city for good.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(09-13-2014, 01:39 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I am concerned about the DW, DA, and EL always avoiding combat in their chosen terrain. Can't they just sit outside the city and 171 it back after it has been attacked if they want? It could become almost impossible to take their chosen city for good.

I would mirror this thought. Maybe hit them with a morale loss or something for running and hiding rather than taking it in the shorts?
-The Deliverer

(09-13-2014, 02:46 PM)kevindusi Wrote:
(09-13-2014, 01:39 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I am concerned about the DW, DA, and EL always avoiding combat in their chosen terrain. Can't they just sit outside the city and 171 it back after it has been attacked if they want? It could become almost impossible to take their chosen city for good.

I would mirror this thought. Maybe hit them with a morale loss or something for running and hiding rather than taking it in the shorts?

That is a good idea.

I have never played the Dwarf. Is this ability identical to theirs? If so' how does the Dwarf keep losing his city?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Because you can not attack and defend. If you run away then you can not take the city. If you sit there and other guy can sit there too with an army you already ran away from.
With these new rules I would take out the leaders or wizards while attacking the group. RD has takin down many DW that had access to this order.

According to Rick, evasion avoids combat entirely (hence the reason Chaos doesn't work). Since there's no combat, the group won't be defending, and can then 170/171 the pop center (as far as I understand it)

avoids yes but is a defensive order. guess we need clarification

Glad to see this step. I'm all for things that differentiate the kingdoms (Special rules/abilities for kingdoms)

That's why I'm against any move to let people pick their special abilities/starting resources etc. Too many people will play it middle of the road.

Yes,

The Dwarven evasion has been treated as a retreat before combat, but a retreat nonetheless, so no 170 or 171.