Alamaze - New

Full Version: The 2018 Alamaze Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(02-04-2019, 02:33 PM)Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]I guess a standing order of a HC bid would be a second explanation come to think of it Smile

Is there a third I'm missing?

Those are the main two. I did take his last PC. I do have a standing order in two other games I am in.

A third exists. When a player drops, they show up on the website as "Holding for Player." They drop on the third turn.
Ah, good point.
Ally declarations. Hmm

This is a silent game meaning no comunication. Ally is clearly a comunication signal. Even if removed the communication has been sent.
Right. There should be no ally declarations, especially at this point in the game. Please undeclare. No penalty as there is no House enforcement. But players will take note if two players are allied and therefore teaming up. Really, please undeclare this turn.
Bump, just to keep this thread on top until resolved.
Well, it appears to be resolved as the player questioned dropped after the post and may be leaving Alamaze.

As the player who was declared an ally, this is my guess as to what happened, and players can decide if this is cheating.  BTW, almost all accusations of cheating if not all have turned out to be mistaken, but those players generally leave Alamaze after being accused on the forum.

I have the Black Dragons, the other player who declared me ally was the Druid.  The Druid had made a few forays into Amberland during the game.  I had denigrated him at least three times.  I also made one of the first enemy declarations in the game, making the Druid an enemy. 

With his sallies into Amberland, one response was my taking one of his villages militarily.  In doing so, I captured his prince.  Next turn he had made an offer to ransom the prince, but the offer price is not disclosed in the results.  The following two turns the corresponding trade offers of gold for prince were not concluded, I was seeking 100,000 gold, and the results only indicated that the terms were not met, but neither of us knew what the other was asking or willing to pay.

I am guessing he then declared me an ally in order to gift gold so to in that way count on my honor to release the prince if the price was fair.  So, was that cheating?
Well, all I can say is I hope he doesn't quit Alamaze altogether - I'd certainly miss him.

gkmetty

(02-20-2019, 04:47 PM)The Gray Mouser Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it appears to be resolved as the player questioned dropped after the post and may be leaving Alamaze.

As the player who was declared an ally, this is my guess as to what happened, and players can decide if this is cheating.  BTW, almost all accusations of cheating if not all have turned out to be mistaken, but those players generally leave Alamaze after being accused on the forum.

I have the Black Dragons, the other player who declared me ally was the Druid.  The Druid had made a few forays into Amberland during the game.  I had denigrated him at least three times.  I also made one of the first enemy declarations in the game, making the Druid an enemy. 

With his sallies into Amberland, one response was my  taking one of his villages militarily.  In doing so, I captured his prince.  Next turn he had made an offer to ransom the prince, but the offer price is not disclosed in the results.  The following two turns the corresponding trade offers of gold for prince were not concluded, I was seeking 100,000 gold, and the results only indicated that the terms were not met, but neither of us knew what the other was asking or willing to pay.

I am guessing he then declared me an ally in order to gift gold so to in that way count on my honor to release the prince if the price was fair.  So, was that cheating?

I re-read the posts and I did not see any mention of cheating.  Are there posts I missed.  Clarifying the rules is different from making a claim of cheating.
IMO definitely not 'cheating' although ally declaration is disallowed in this format. I don't think any offense was intended or should be taken.
What gkmetty said, what's the big deal? I don't think this has anything to do with the player leaving.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9