Alamaze - New

Full Version: Game #103
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(05-13-2013, 06:34 AM)Valtteri Wrote: [ -> ]How do you learn how to play the game if you are ganged up on and eliminated before Turn 10 before you know how to do the basics?

Valtteri

Aren't you playing in 100 and doing quite well? Isn't it just the Dwarves (who are also pointlessly laying siege to one of my towns in the Talking Mountains) and the Red Dragons who are attacking you?

My recommendation would be to learn what you can about fighting a defensive war on two fronts, and to make their conquests so painful and costly that they think twice about doing it again in the next game you play (or even later in this game). And also not to be too discouraged about early setbacks.

Since both Dwarves and Red Dragons get a -20% penalty for fighting in Forest terrain (and your Dark Elves get +20% in that same terrain), I would imagine you can make a fine last stand in that swath of forests south and east of Zarathon even if things go horribly for you, where you can bide your time until you can return the favor.
(05-13-2013, 06:34 AM)Valtteri Wrote: [ -> ]How do you learn how to play the game if you are ganged up on and eliminated before Turn 10 before you know how to do the basics?

Valtteri

Valtteri - My advice to you for next time is to communicate early and often. The key to the early game in Alamaze (at least in my humble opinion) is to talk to all your neighbors from turn 0. Find out who your enemies are, who your friends are, and who you can safely ignore. If you aren't talking to anyone by the time you get your first turn results, you are already a target.

As for this game, have some fun with your situation. It's not over til the dwarf lady sings.

(05-13-2013, 08:45 AM)paway Wrote: [ -> ]

Valtteri

Aren't you playing in 100 and doing quite well? Isn't it just the Dwarves (who are also pointlessly laying siege to one of my towns in the Talking Mountains) and the Red Dragons who are attacking you?

My recommendation would be to learn what you can about fighting a defensive war on two fronts, and to make their conquests so painful and costly that they think twice about doing it again in the next game you play (or even later in this game). And also not to be too discouraged about early setbacks.

Since both Dwarves and Red Dragons get a -20% penalty for fighting in Forest terrain (and your Dark Elves get +20% in that same terrain), I would imagine you can make a fine last stand in that swath of forests south and east of Zarathon even if things go horribly for you, where you can bide your time until you can return the favor.

Pointless? Damnit! Back to the drawing board...
TR orders are in! Sorry Jumbie....

Cipher

NOTICE

No game processing will occur the week of May 20, 2013. The GMs time is going to be taken up with graduation events around his wife (law school) and son (high school), with parents and in-laws in town/house.

Turns that would have processed on 5/20 will process on 5/27. Those that would have been due 5/23 will be due 5/30.

Enjoy your extra time to scheme and plot...

Cipher
I just died a little inside.
Congrats to your wife and son, though!
You're leaving us with Jumbie and BlueFile?! Congrats, Cipher. That's awesome.
We might steal your rubber hose.
You're a monster.
You keep the hose, Bluefile. I want the tub.

Kevin can keep the water.
Orders for the Red are submitted. More flying, more killing, more cowbell, less Darkelves.

And now, on to FoR.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42