Alamaze - New

Full Version: Game #103
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Will you loan me the money for it, blue? I give you my word I'll pay you back.....
You guys are killing me.
I absolutely will. Post you bank account numbers and the deposit will be made tomorrow via mossadams.
The real tragedy of this whole bluefile2/Wulfgar controversy is that its detracting from the fact that I stared down 1TR and 1WA for two turns and left 1WA with two dead wizards and four or five less brigades!

Hands off my city!
Its a true story. Paway, as a matter of Honor, I could have used lawyer speak to justify a 171 of the city last turn (by "not attacking"), but I thought that would have been a dik move and decided not too Smile
(06-18-2013, 03:06 AM)paway Wrote: [ -> ]The real tragedy of this whole bluefile2/Wulfgar controversy is that its detracting from the fact that I stared down 1TR and 1WA for two turns and left 1WA with two dead wizards and four or five less brigades!

Hands off my city!
You big meanie!
(06-18-2013, 01:22 AM)Wulfgar Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. I was gettin' tired of using this persona anyway.
I'll have a new one before the day is out.

I haven't spoken with Cipher about this, but I have been thinking for the last month about allowing Imperators to have 3 personas. Most people just want to use one because then all their status points accumulate instead of being split.

But there are occasions where either persona enemies have formed and so dictate the game for at least themselves, and potentially more players, and such a situation can be alleviated with a new persona. Also, I sort of agree with some of the comments that it might be nice to have a bit more uncertainty, rather than everyone knowing persona X can never risk a mark against their honor.

I also respect both philosophies about playing to win as is the camp held by Lord Thanatos and Kalrex, and the alternate one of playing the game for how it is, with the hand dealt and the circumstances given, knowing victory is sometimes remote but to play for the sake of the contest.
(06-18-2013, 02:49 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely will. Post you bank account numbers and the deposit will be made tomorrow via mossadams.

Hey hey hey... don't bring me into this. You're like the Mario Balotelli of Alamaze, except you're neither black nor Italian and he hasn't ever taken your sister to Mexico. Not to mention nobody here will likely know who that is.
I doubt in this age that you can keep an identity anonymous/separate so there'd be little effectiveness to it on that score.

I mean, if Wulfgar tried to play under a different name he'd be scouted as 'The-Artist-Formerly-Known-As-Wulfgar' pretty quick and the old enmities would rekindle.

Of course there are other reasons to have 3 personas, so I'm not against the idea itself, I just don't think the identities can be kept separate in any meaningful way.

Also I assume the identities wouldn't be allowed to play in the same game? When you've got 3 Imperators who never play against each other it'd be easy to deduce who's playing for the same team so to speak.
My new persona will be named UncleWulfgar.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42