Alamaze - New

Full Version: Game #103
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(06-18-2013, 03:34 AM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2013, 02:49 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely will. Post you bank account numbers and the deposit will be made tomorrow via mossadams.

Hey hey hey... don't bring me into this. You're like the Mario Balotelli of Alamaze, except you're neither black nor Italian and he hasn't ever taken your sister to Mexico. Not to mention nobody here will likely know who that is.

Put both my girls through college on soccer scholarships and coached them in rec. Caitlin was Captain for Maryland when they won the ACC over North Carolina and were a #1 seed in the NCAA's. Also sixth in the country (D1) in assists, while playing left back.

Also have played Football Manager since about 2005 and likely could name the Italian national team off the top of my head. Balotelli is a hothead who about gets a yellow just walking on the pitch. Ultimately, despite his physical gifts and skills, he is a liability, in my opinion as coach or manager.
blufile, you're picking up one nemesis per game. At this rate by the end of the year you'll be going by UncleWulfgarJuDuPawayYellowRexDusi.
(06-18-2013, 03:22 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2013, 01:22 AM)Wulfgar Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. I was gettin' tired of using this persona anyway.
I'll have a new one before the day is out.

I haven't spoken with Cipher about this, but I have been thinking for the last month about allowing Imperators to have 3 personas. Most people just want to use one because then all their status points accumulate instead of being split.

But there are occasions where either persona enemies have formed and so dictate the game for at least themselves, and potentially more players, and such a situation can be alleviated with a new persona. Also, I sort of agree with some of the comments that it might be nice to have a bit more uncertainty, rather than everyone knowing persona X can never risk a mark against their honor.

I also respect both philosophies about playing to win as is the camp held by Lord Thanatos and Kalrex, and the alternate one of playing the game for how it is, with the hand dealt and the circumstances given, knowing victory is sometimes remote but to play for the sake of the contest.

I'll keep my Wulfgar persona.
Like I said, it was not premeditated malice, it was a simple matter of realizing at the last moment that the Troll in this game was NOT the player who had asked me to join in an attack on the Gnome (a fact he let me continue to believe during our messaging back and forth, knowing full well he was NOT the player who had contacted me) but was in fact the Troll I had planned to attack all along and deciding to go with the original plan of attacking the city.
I would have kept my word had he been the right Troll.
Why should I keep my word to the person I had previously decided to attack?
Yes, i tricked you into believing that i was that "other Troll"... Love how your story keeps evolving Wulfgar.
(06-18-2013, 04:03 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2013, 03:34 AM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2013, 02:49 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely will. Post you bank account numbers and the deposit will be made tomorrow via mossadams.

Hey hey hey... don't bring me into this. You're like the Mario Balotelli of Alamaze, except you're neither black nor Italian and he hasn't ever taken your sister to Mexico. Not to mention nobody here will likely know who that is.

Put both my girls through college on soccer scholarships and coached them in rec. Caitlin was Captain for Maryland when they won the ACC over North Carolina and were a #1 seed in the NCAA's. Also sixth in the country (D1) in assists, while playing left back.

Also have played Football Manager since about 2005 and likely could name the Italian national team off the top of my head. Balotelli is a hothead who about gets a yellow just walking on the pitch. Ultimately, despite his physical gifts and skills, he is a liability, in my opinion as coach or manager.

You went into more depth than I would have. I was simply going for the "why always me?" shirt he likes to celebrate his goals with. Either way, I salute your knowledge! I'm a huge Juve fan, so am loving watching Pirlo in the Confederations Cup now.
(06-18-2013, 07:02 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i tricked you into believing that i was that "other Troll"... Love how your story keeps evolving Wulfgar.

LOL I didn't say you tricked me into believing you were the "other Troll", I said you let me continue to believe it. See the difference?
Good god Wolf.... Let it go already. It was better yesterday when you said something akin to "me no paladin, me no tengo honor." This back peddling makes you sound like more of a tool. No matter how you try to spin it, you directly broke your word. All in all, minimal damage was done. Time to move on.
(06-19-2013, 01:52 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: [ -> ]Good god Wolf.... Let it go already. It was better yesterday when you said something akin to "me no paladin, me no tengo honor." This back peddling makes you sound like more of a tool. No matter how you try to spin it, you directly broke your word. All in all, minimal damage was done. Time to move on.

LOL
(06-19-2013, 01:57 AM)Wulfgar Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2013, 01:52 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: [ -> ]Good god Wolf.... Let it go already. It was better yesterday when you said something akin to "me no paladin, me no tengo honor." This back peddling makes you sound like more of a tool. No matter how you try to spin it, you directly broke your word. All in all, minimal damage was done. Time to move on.

LOL

Can we put the issue to rest now? We've learned the following:
1) Bluefile2 is a whinybritches whenever things don't go his way, and
2) Wulfgar's word can't be trusted because he's willing to break it.

Now let's allow them to either beat each other up over it and take the character lessons on each for what they are worth.
(06-19-2013, 02:22 AM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2013, 01:57 AM)Wulfgar Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL

Can we put the issue to rest now? We've learned the following:
1) Bluefile2 is a whinybritches whenever things don't go his way, and
2) Wulfgar's word can't be trusted because he's willing to break it.

Now let's allow them to either beat each other up over it and take the character lessons on each for what they are worth.

LOL

I am willing to break it when it involves an already targeted enemy.....
I am not willing to break it when it involves an already established ally.....
Does THAT make it clear enough?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42