Alamaze - New

Full Version: New Classic Game with big changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Most 565's (special troop types available only to certain kingdoms, like Wyvern to dragons and Ogres to Giants) will be limited to 5 max per group. So will most summonings that were limited to <5 now be expanded to 5 max.

Certain of the less powerful types, like Skeletons, Great Bats, and Orcs will be unlimited, as had been the case up until now for all the 565's when you could transfer from one group to another to exceed the stated limit.
OK, so 565 breakdown is something like:

RD/BL: max of 5 WY per group; unlimited Great Bats
TR: No change in current set-up.
GI: max of 5 OG per group; if OG in group, then limited to recruits (since only three brigade types)
WI/WA/SO: Ghouls/Wrights raised to max 5/group.

Looks great, but it seems the GI got the short-end of the stick.
Well, the GI can get veterans with a bit of group management. The RD/BL can't get human recruits at all. Plus the bats may only be of the quality of human recruits (not veterans) anyway, so it would be much the same thing.
(08-23-2014, 03:31 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so 565 breakdown is something like:

RD/BL: max of 5 WY per group; unlimited Great Bats
TR: No change in current set-up.
GI: max of 5 OG per group; if OG in group, then limited to recruits (since only three brigade types)
WI/WA/SO: Ghouls/Wrights raised to max 5/group.

Looks great, but it seems the GI got the short-end of the stick.

EL/DA/DW also to have 565 I am guessing also limited to 5 max
Also it was mentioned cost per brigade could change as well to more reflect not taking to train them like recruits
I can see that point wfrankenhoff. Then you can also add that the EL, DA, DW, and RA are all getting their first 565's ever.

So with fantasy football looming, what draft position do the Giants (of Amberland, not NY) normally enjoy in Warlords or Titans games? I'm pretty sure it is #1, always. So it doesn't seem like they need help. Doesn't seem like many solo kingdoms just march into Amberland to stay.

Then it could be argued, is there nothing to be done for the Gnomes, the Underworld, the Ancient Ones or Demon Princes? Perhaps. We shall see.

I'm pretty sure Valhalla shows The DA, DW and EL have been near the bottom, thus far, in part by being pummeled by massive 565 armies with no recourse of their own. So this is leveling the table a bit and making those positions, along with the Rangers, who until about a week ago hadn't done much either, more attractive instead of the last kid chosen in the pickup touch football game.
In Warlords games, the AN, GI, and WI are usually gone in the first round. The SO, DA, DW, and UN are typically least favored. There are exceptions every game, but this is typical.
Maybe we can just get rid of recruits all together and just hire veterans. 15,000g?

It's mute point now, but you could always have more then 3 Wights in a group, you just couldn't recruit into a group that had 3 but you could always combine to have unlimited. I would also like to see Wights as the best scariest troops in the game as they once were. There seems to be nothing at all, that can stop the RD (that defense value is redonkulous ) when he gets his big groups going, nothing at all.. well besides avoiding his groups.
(08-23-2014, 04:03 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]So with fantasy football looming, what draft position do the Giants (of Amberland, not NY) normally enjoy in Warlords or Titans games? I'm pretty sure it is #1, always. So it doesn't seem like they need help. Doesn't seem like many solo kingdoms just march into Amberland to stay.

I have never picked the Giants first. I picked the Dwarvf first, much to Kal Rex's surprise Smile

XOXO,
Winner of the titan tournament (but loser to Morgan Kane in most everything else)
The new Valhalla shows exactly how many times each kingdom was selected for Warlord games. Page 29 at http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/attac...hp?aid=190.
To get us back on track, and to change my selection to someone that I haven't played yet because LD has me convinced I gotta play 'em all...

DarkElf - Jumpingfist
Dwarf - DuPont
Giant - The Deliverer
Demon Prince - Cloud
Underworld - Gambit1965
Ancient Ones - Jumbie
Troll - Acererak
Gnome - YellowBeard
Red Dragon - Jhereg
Elf - The Usurper
Ranger - Kalrex

Still available are: