Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stirring the Cauldron for 4th Scenario
We have one intermediate step before 3rd Cycle. There technically are 3 scenarios in 2nd Cycle. I want to introduce some of the changes forthcoming in this new version that will be fairly expeditiously inserted, I believe. Of course, Cipher is the main determinant after I can be specific.

This will be on the same map (Resurgent), but some kingdoms might change. We will have some changes to setups. We will change some spell lists, some artifacts, and this is where the new 565 orders, so all kingdoms likely have at least one, come into play.

There will be a charge to play in 4th. Yes, sometimes we have to make some money.

So, here is your chance to say if you have a kingdom you don't want to say good-bye to, or one you do. Likely none of the 1st Cycle kingdoms will come back intact. But I think we will see Amazons, and maybe Pirates, and changes in the wizard kingdoms. I am not sure about the dragons of any stripe, as that will be changing no later than 3rd Cycle.

I believe there will be a public outcry to see the return of the mighty Halflings.
-The Deliverer

I would like to see Paladins from 1st cycle come back. They might not be anything special, but I like the idea of an army that wants to use in battle tactic 2 as its best cost effective type of battle since they are so Calvary heavy. I just want to try them out though more for the name, but hey I think Knights in shinny armor is cool. You might say just play the Ancient ones or the Rangers, but to me, the Paladins are Camelot, the knights from the old Excalibur film.

Barbarians I would love to see come back but with a twist. Who does not love the idea of being the great Khan, leader of the Huns, Vandals sacking Rome, Conan. Like the Paladins above, they have a cool name but also drum up interesting history. Probley not doable, but imagine the Barbarian hoard coming from a random starting position every game. You want to play in an anon game, be warned for you have no allies and the Hoard just showed up on your doorstep.

Underworld I really hope stays in the game. Special rules to the max, and I never got to play them. The amount of special rules these guys get looks really interesting. I wish more empires had rules like these guys but effects of other aspects of the game. Maybe some spin off empires could be like the underworld but magic or political based.

3 Wizard kingdoms seems redundant and would like to keep at least one, but 3 seems a little boring. I like the Dragons as well, but 2 even though they are different seems redundant. Red and black seem to have the exact same rules but with different bonuses, I think one empire like there's is unique enough.

I can see why 1st cycle empires are being left out, they all are kind of the same with a little flavor. 2nd cycle we see empires like DE, AN, and Trolls, all with very different abilities that makes them unique.

For new kingdoms, how about Centaurs. Excellent mobility and cavalry that none can match.

Another could be the Undead Lord. Able to raise all undead troop types at certain levels or by turn number. Throw in mummies for summoning in desert terrain.

Also would like to see a Druid kingdom. Bounty spells at first level (?) and other such abilities may make for an interesting twist to the standard magical kingdom model.

For dropping current kingdoms, how about the Underworld or at least give other kingdoms a chance of tracking down enemy agents. There are spells, divines, and search patterns for tracking down just about everything in the game but not enemy agents. If you take a look at Valhalla stats, the Underworld which has no military or political base, wins games often and has the top rank in status points per game. Doesn't seem right when you take a look at the fundamental basis of the game (conquer pop centers, win the game).

I think UN is way to powerful in these games. In what is supposed be a strategy/war game they are neither. Just an agent heavy kingdom, that you cannot defeat because they need hardly any pc's or gold/food like ALL OTHER KINGDOMS.
(09-24-2014, 09:00 PM)Rogal Wrote: I would like to see Paladins from 1st cycle come back. They might not be anything special, but I like the idea of an army that wants to use in battle tactic 2 as its best cost effective type of battle since they are so Calvary heavy. I just want to try them out though more for the name, but hey I think Knights in shinny armor is cool. You might say just play the Ancient ones or the Rangers, but to me, the Paladins are Camelot, the knights from the old Excalibur film.

Barbarians I would love to see come back but with a twist. Who does not love the idea of being the great Khan, leader of the Huns, Vandals sacking Rome, Conan. Like the Paladins above, they have a cool name but also drum up interesting history. Probley not doable, but imagine the Barbarian hoard coming from a random starting position every game. You want to play in an anon game, be warned for you have no allies and the Hoard just showed up on your doorstep.

Underworld I really hope stays in the game. Special rules to the max, and I never got to play them. The amount of special rules these guys get looks really interesting. I wish more empires had rules like these guys but effects of other aspects of the game. Maybe some spin off empires could be like the underworld but magic or political based.

3 Wizard kingdoms seems redundant and would like to keep at least one, but 3 seems a little boring. I like the Dragons as well, but 2 even though they are different seems redundant. Red and black seem to have the exact same rules but with different bonuses, I think one empire like there's is unique enough.

I can see why 1st cycle empires are being left out, they all are kind of the same with a little flavor. 2nd cycle we see empires like DE, AN, and Trolls, all with very different abilities that makes them unique.

As for just bringing back a few kingdoms and removing others. I would like to see where 20 kingdoms are available at sign-up and filled in as players pick there kingdoms. Maybe certain sign-up automatically exclude others. Like a kingdom that would put 3 starting in the same region. Example would be WA GI and PA could not be in the same game but nothing wrong with PA and GI in same game. Maybe they fight, maybe they ally both are fine. When bringing back some of the 1st cycle would be good to beef them up a bit and also change there starting location. To make for interesting game set ups that keep players thinking of new tactics in most every game. I would love to see the DE share his region with someone like the Swampmen.

If we are stuck to a lot of 15 I would remove some or the basic same flavor kingdoms. Kingdoms like DA, a Mage any of the three. The UN remove even though unique would really struggle to win as a REX. If you cannot win in any format then they should not be in there just to collect status points and kill others hopes. I believe all UN victories are via SVC.

Fun kingdom to bring back halfling, paladin and barbarian I liked.

As for new kingdoms as Unclemike started. I would love to see some kind of necromancer or Lich lord. Give them unique abilities. Some kind of mastery of the dead. Another could be a different flavor of a Mage that deals more with charming and control. More a master of manipulating politics. I think your not looking for new kingdoms right now though.

I was hoping to see the Westmen come back as I have a warm spot in my heart for them. Like Uncle Mike, I have always thought a Centaur Kingdom would be cool. I wonder what a water-based kingdom like Sea Elves would be like - that could be neat as they'd start out with a pop center in each sea.
Plus, who wouldn't want to see a Kobold kingdom?

I think the UN is a good kingdom to remain. It has been getting good finishes because of the tilt in artifact points, but since artifacts are due to be tweaked, I'd say the UN advantage goes away and it becomes a real challenge to convert a guerrilla group into a governing force.

I think 3 magic kingdoms is fine and they could be separated out a bit more by making the Warlock a true battlemage with some unique battle spells that do damage. (The damage could be scaled with a percentage damage, so it hurts large groups without annihilating smaller groups). The Sorcerer can be given a unique feel with more subterfuge magic (He is the unseen Sorcerer after all) and the Witchlord can take on the necromancer/lich aspects people seem to want with some unique powers in that regard.

I also vote for a return of the Nomads and Paladin since 'human' kingdoms seem at a premium. I'm sure tweaks could liven up the old

(09-25-2014, 12:36 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: As for just bringing back a few kingdoms and removing others. I would like to see where 20 kingdoms are available at sign-up and filled in as players pick there kingdoms. Maybe certain sign-up automatically exclude others. Like a kingdom that would put 3 starting in the same region. Example would be WA GI and PA could not be in the same game but nothing wrong with PA and GI in same game. Maybe they fight, maybe they ally both are fine. When bringing back some of the 1st cycle would be good to beef them up a bit and also change there starting location. To make for interesting game set ups that keep players thinking of new tactics in most every game. I would love to see the DE share his region with someone like the Swampmen.

If we are stuck to a lot of 15 I would remove some or the basic same flavor kingdoms. Kingdoms like DA, a Mage any of the three. The UN remove even though unique would really struggle to win as a REX. If you cannot win in any format then they should not be in there just to collect status points and kill others hopes. I believe all UN victories are via SVC.

Fun kingdom to bring back halfling, paladin and barbarian I liked.

As for new kingdoms as Unclemike started. I would love to see some kind of necromancer or Lich lord. Give them unique abilities. Some kind of mastery of the dead. Another could be a different flavor of a Mage that deals more with charming and control. More a master of manipulating politics. I think your not looking for new kingdoms right now though.

I think it would be cool if there were 20+ kingdom choices available for each game.

There could be a limit of 2 kingdoms per region.

Drafting kingdoms would require the removal of the 3rd kingdom after the first two were picked.

I like lots of the kingdoms suggested above. Barbarians, Centuars, Pirates, Paladin, Kobold and or Goblin, Illusionist.

Special power: Centaur/Halfling - if allied.
565 - recruit Halfling Knights - Centaurs with bow lance shield that have halflings with bows lance and shield riding them - the awesomest thing ever!

Pirates - yesh please

special panda empire - has all powers of all=p JK!

Also == how about a point buy system that INCLUDES BIDDING FOR REGIONS AND REGIONAL START?
"Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts."