Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kingdoms for 4th Scenario
(11-04-2014, 09:14 PM)Cipher Wrote:
(11-04-2014, 02:15 PM)twhitewolf10 Wrote: I would like to see the mult kingdoms in one area but once one is the pick the other is out like gnome/halfling or giant/paldin.
Because imagine a game were you drafted kingdoms and did not know who was there. 1st way you would find out is when you get your turn report and find out Westmen have won seat on HC or there a group of swampmen sitting on one of your villages.

My train of thought was towards having the EL/RA/DA/?? be avail to start in 1, 4, 6, 7 or 9. Similar combinations that could start in different mountain/swamp/plains heavy regions. You get a mix of kingdoms/starting locations, probably only 3 or 4 permutations, but still some variety...

I have always argued for something like that. Great idea!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(11-04-2014, 01:58 PM)Cipher Wrote: I think having 18 or so kingdoms avail to choose from with different starting locations would add a heck of a lot of flavor to each game instance. There might need to be some behind the scenes work to be sure that there aren't combinations that make some positions too deficient or at too much of an advantage though.

+1
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

Love the idea of have multiple kingdoms in each starting region. Adding the ability to start in different areas with each kingdom would be great as well. 18 Kingdoms to choose from would certainly add variety to the game.
Stillgard

105 Dwarf King
116 Dark Elf Vampire
122 Mighty Troll Tyrant
134 Enlightened Sorcerer
139 Dwarf King

Half. Lings.
-The Deliverer

(11-05-2014, 02:43 AM)kevindusi Wrote: Half. Lings.

Maybe we should start calling them "Dusis"

Isn't there supposed to be a mandated Dusitopia in the new cycle? I thought I read that somewhere on the forums...
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

Reviving and adapting an old post from the Third Cycle thread. What if we went with 12 Kingdoms, but with each position selecting from a pair of possible choices?

1a) NO - Special cavalry orders
1b) PA - Strong ideology makes their pop centers harder to move

2a) TR - Mostly as current, with higher upkeep costs
2b) UR - Weaker than TR troops, but with truly cheap upkeep costs and better emissaries

3a) SO - Mostly as current
3b) WA - Mostly as current

4a) DW - Mostly as current
4b) GN - Mostly as current

5a) DA - Mostly as current
5b) EL - Mostly as current

6a) GI - Mostly as current
6b) SD - Silver Dragons, adding a good dragon Kingdom focusing even more on magic, combat and movement between BL and RD

7a) IN - Inquisition, splinter sect from the Paladins, fewer in quantity but even better cavalry, and stronger dark magic
7b) WI - Mostly as current

8a) BL - Mostly as current
8b) RD - Mostly as current

9a) RA - Mostly as current
9b) WE - Emissary bonuses similar to DA/EL

10a) AN - Mostly as current
10b) DE - Mostly as current

11a) BA - Lots of troops, low-medium upkeep, can recruit Veterans instead of Recruits, bonuses against pop centers
11b) SW (possibly renamed to Lizard Kings) - Lots of troops, low-medium upkeep, can swampwalk (teleport to other swamp squares as a group's sole order)

12a) HA - Can trade with computer at 2-1 or 3-2 rates (this would be a huge advantage in itself)
12b) UN - Mostly as current

I'm going with similar themed-Kingdoms being paired, to maximize uniqueness and roles within any particular game. Having only one of AN or DE, or DA or EL, for example, might seem a bit weird, but you could say they finally triumphed over their old nemesis. Wink

Natural enemies could be hard-wired if certain specific pairings are in the game together, or otherwise randomized.

This is my latest thinking. Still probably a couple weeks away from final.

We will have two groups of kingdoms:
1. Staples
2. Chosen

Staples would be kingdoms in every game. Chosen is one of two possibilities for the other six positions. This preserves the fantasy element that most players want with the staples, and brings variety in each game with the Chosen.

Staples:
Elven
Dwarven
Ranger
Dark Elven
Warlock
Tyrant (new)

Chosen:
Underworld or Pirates
Gnomes or Hobbits, Inc.
Necromancer or Northmen (sort of like WI or BA but with refinements)
Black Dragon or Nomads
Hill Giants or Paladins
Druid or Sorcerer

I think this is a good transitional step that sort of keeps some stability, introduces new kingdoms, the idea of kingdoms changing from game to game, and changes the atmosphere without RD or traditional GI.

I will post more on the new kingdom possibilities separately.

I think this looks very good! So dumping AN/DE/RD/TR.

(11-05-2014, 04:49 PM)Drogo Wrote: Isn't there supposed to be a mandated Dusitopia in the new cycle? I thought I read that somewhere on the forums...

It was stated prior to the Titan Championship of 2013 that the winner could name a region in 3rd cycle. Dusitopia had better happen or I shall be upset and have zero faith in the system.

I think Wynand gets to name a city for winning 118.
-The Deliverer