Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alamaze Player Aids
This is some fantastic work from Frost Lord.  All six of these utilities on one file - be sure to change the sheet to see them all.  Everything everyone has asked for is here! 

Enjoy.  This is also posted on Alamaze Rules and Resources as an important thread.  Posting here as well to allow discussion.

Remember the Unusual Encounter calculator is for games started after May 22, 2015. Current game encounters have higher danger.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Alamaze Player Aids.xlsx (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 32)

This is a great tool. Thanks, FL!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Great calculator. I like that everything is under the same file.

(06-01-2015, 03:35 PM)Sinestro Wrote: Great calculator. I like that everything is under the same file.

Awesome set of tools.  I really like the artifact part.

I like the first page, with the general charts like Sequence of Events, Seasons, etc.  That encompasses lots of support questions.

Question on the Rescue Hostage line item in the Agent chart. In the most recent version of the Commands, order #950 states, "There is a base 30% chance of success (An improvement of 10 points introduced in 11/2014). The chance of the agent being captured is 10% (points) less than for most missions."

Is the chart wrong, or is the Commands doc wrong? Thanks.

Will ask Uncle Mike to answer this.  That particular change in the code was requested as the conversion to java was happening.  In any case, the charts are an awesome utility for the players.

Oh, no question about that! Thanks, Frost Lord!

HeadHoncho Wrote:Question on the Rescue Hostage line item in the Agent chart. In the most recent version of the Commands, order #950 states, "There is a base 30% chance of success (An improvement of 10 points introduced in 11/2014). The chance of the agent being captured is 10% (points) less than for most missions."

Is the chart wrong, or is the Commands doc wrong? Thanks.

Kicking this back to the top, asking if there's any way UncleMike could take a quick look at this. Thanks!

Frost Lord did a nice job collecting various information and presenting it in a single resource for the players to use but I haven't looked over any of the charts for the sake of accuracy. In the code, for the rescue hostage mission, a level 1 agent has a 30% chance of success and a 10% chance of being caught. It's a fairly safe mission but be careful of any counteragents protecting the hostage...