Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
(10-18-2016, 03:42 AM)unclemike Wrote: Ok, I bumped up the version to validate_SQL_1_3.js to see if it helps force load the file. After pressing the browser refresh button at Home page, try accessing the Kingdom Reports button.

That fixed the kingdom reports in firefox but not the verify error

In chrome I can verify and view kingdom reports

It's definitely your browser refresh button and its cache. For now, use Chrome when filling out your turns since everything is working with that one but something is preventing your Firefox from downloading the latest version of the file. I'm not having an issue on my pc with Firefox because I normally delete everything from my browser history and such but there may be something on yours that's preventing it from clearing its cache. Sorry for not being more helpful than just saying, try a different browser like Chrome, but I'm not a web expert. Anyway, this past weekend's update should be my final one to the website so we should be good for a while yet...

(10-18-2016, 04:00 AM)unclemike Wrote: It's definitely your browser refresh button and its cache. For now, use Chrome when filling out your turns since everything is working with that one but something is preventing your Firefox from downloading the latest version of the file. I'm not having an issue on my pc with Firefox because I normally delete everything from my browser history and such but there may be something on yours that's preventing it from clearing its cache. Sorry for not being more helpful than just saying, try a different browser like Chrome, but I'm not a web expert. Anyway, this past weekend's update should be my final one to the website so we should be good for a while yet...

(RA) Uncle Mike I am still having the same problem and also using Firefox as my browser.  I am not as computer savvy as you guys and I do have a work around for this turn with another computer so I'll do that and hope that things correct when you run the next turn.  If not then I'll have to work through this chrome fix too.  Thanks for all the time you put into this.

WA -> PI

Hail Lord of the Seas!

We have not had much reason to exchange pleasantries to this point due the lack of water in my region. But an opportunity has arisen where we can collaborate, I think. There is a certain key located in the waters of the Sea of Mystery. I have no way to get it. What would you charge for doing so on my behalf?

Red

Wookie, waiting for another turn to run may not solve the issue with your browser not updating its cache. Actually, it's not a good idea if you submit your turn using the older website version so please double check that you're at the newer version by verifying that your agent's orders have the agent's level shown (or verify by Viewing Page Source as noted above for validate_SQL_1_3.js).

Once you're at the latest version, everything will go smooth but it looks like some older versions of Firefox don't clear cache properly. I'm not seeing that problem with the latest Firefox version (for Windows 7). You may have to press browser refresh at every page: the initial login page plus home, political, covert, ...etc. If you can't get Firefox to work, use Chrome or another browser like Opera or Safari (one that you never used before) so it won't have the previous website version cached.

(PI) -> WA, Just make an offer, I will either accept it or not. We have a little time to debate price since I am on a case already for another empire and my 2nd group is not ready yet for exploring. I also could use agents but I would rather have a group ready to go at the same time as an agent attempt will not be as successful me thinks in this new era.

SA/NO I moved into Pirate cove and Lore Song, just making sure these are the correct 2 and letting you know encase you want to rebel them for a little extra production.

Rogal

(10-18-2016, 02:51 PM)Rogal Wrote: (PI) -> WA, Just make an offer, I will either accept it or not.  We have a little time to debate price since I am on a case already for another empire and my 2nd group is not ready yet for exploring.  I also could use agents but I would rather have a group ready to go at the same time as an agent attempt will not be as successful me thinks in this new era.

SA/NO I moved into Pirate cove and Lore Song, just making sure these are the correct 2 and letting you know encase you want to rebel them for a little extra production.

Rogal

SA-PI consider it done. We appreciate your diligence in keeping the sea's safe for our military to travel. We will have another Town available for you take over soon to be added to our credit of cooperation.

Rellgar

(10-18-2016, 02:07 PM)unclemike Wrote: Wookie, waiting for another turn to run may not solve the issue with your browser not updating its cache. Actually, it's not a good idea if you submit your turn using the older website version so please double check that you're at the newer version by verifying that your agent's orders have the agent's level shown (or verify by Viewing Page Source as noted above for validate_SQL_1_3.js).

Once you're at the latest version, everything will go smooth but it looks like some older versions of Firefox don't clear cache properly. I'm not seeing that problem with the latest Firefox version (for Windows 7). You may have to press browser refresh at every page: the initial login page plus home, political, covert, ...etc. If you can't get Firefox to work, use Chrome or another browser like Opera or Safari (one that you never used before) so it won't have the previous website version cached.

(RA)  Mike I got the new turn working on Firefox.  I still have to refresh from time to time to get the verification to work but other than that it is working fine.  Thanks for the help!

(PI) to SA sounds good to me.

(10-18-2016, 02:51 PM)Rogal Wrote: (PI) -> WA, Just make an offer, I will either accept it or not.  We have a little time to debate price since I am on a case already for another empire and my 2nd group is not ready yet for exploring.  I also could use agents but I would rather have a group ready to go at the same time as an agent attempt will not be as successful me thinks in this new era.

Rogal

(NO) -PI: Thanks for letting us know. Those are correct. I don't have the orders to rebel so please be advised.