Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!!
Can someone move their own emissary home?

(03-06-2017, 09:46 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: So what happens if they re-locate their capital elsewhere but the Glyph of Concealment is still there?  Nobody can send an emmy to take it?

That is correct. Hidden pc's should only be conquered by groups.

I think UM's solution is great.

You could still charge emmies extra for going to an empty square.   They have traveled out and back both in one turn.

Works for me, but the owning kingdom must be able to move emmies in and out.

so I would need to attack the HA villages with a group to gain control of them. Not ideal but at least I wouldn't lost an agent 18 due to not being able to properly enter my 350 order.

In an earlier game the SO was eliminated. The glyph was still in place at his former capitol, which was found by a lvl 4 agent recon. The new owner the SA relocated his capitol there and received the hidden benefit of the glyph. This is a relocation, so would it now become unavailable as well?

Could you program it to do a ownership check when a Emmisarry  or agent Moves There? This way the kingdom that controls it can move there figures in without a problem.

There are two problems moving emmies as scouts and moving into hidden capitals. Making hidden capitals even stronger fixes one but not the other. I would rather just see a fix to the moving issue which should also resolve the capital issue without creating other weird issues.

Ry Vor already said they are going to look further into it.

(03-06-2017, 09:37 PM)unclemike Wrote: Figures won't be able to move/gate to a hidden pc at any time.

Agents can still counter-espionage to protect one's assets there and enemy agents can still steal/assassinate there but no figure will able to move/gate there with orders 350/351.

Mike and I went through that possibility of not relocating to a Hidden PC until it was discovered legitimately, but that would require keeping track of which kingdom had discovered them through a visit (even if a teammate found it): too much work, harder to track even for players.

The twist that you could never relocate an emissary there is new and I think is problematic.

The idea that the hidden PC is the problem and not that the problem is using emissaries to try to find them is like saying the problem with store robberies is that there are stores, not that there are thieves.

On the exploits note. I would agree moving a level 1 agent is an exploit. But I generally approach these things as if they are mentioned on the forum and the staff does not say that is an exploit stop or we plan to fix it later. I feel it is fair game. An example when the enemy/ally was found it could be used not as intended we were told not to do that. We play within the rules given and use them to our gain. To me it is an exploit that meteor strike does not cause a negative regional reaction but threatening does. It had been mentioned with no comment from the staff so it is fair game.