Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Agents Moves to Find Hidden Caps
A Divine Figure? An Immortal? I'm intrigued.

(05-25-2022, 01:01 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: A Divine Figure?  An Immortal?   I'm intrigued.

But can he still be killed by beheading? If he is killed that way, does the killer get his power? Also, does he have to speak with a Scottish accent?

(05-23-2022, 11:05 PM)DuPont Wrote: TIL that people still use the trick of sending low level agents to random spots to find hidden capitals. I remember back years ago when Rick had made the change that if you went to an empty square there was a chance that you'd get eaten and people protested because if you sent your prince and had a typo, you could lose him. And so this was eliminated, but somehow I thought the consensus was that people should not do this. I certainly never have - am I the dummy? Does everybody else use this tactic to find hidden capitals? I've always trained agents up to level 4 and done recons to find them. 
I have to say this is a tactic I don't respect at all - it just feels like cheating. (In fact, I'll come right out and say that I think it IS cheating). For all I know, this has probably been chewed over and resolved years ago and I missed it, but I have to say it seems...sleazy.

Dupont,

I agree with you, I thought this action was considered taboo, so I never did it. I am sure most of the other players feel the same way with a few notable exceptions.

Ruingruth

Oooo immortal.  But, he is slept, so i imagine he can also be kidnapped.  Which wouldnt change much since kidnapping has always been easier than assassination.  But, he couldnt be executed, so he could be rescued or escape every turn, man that would get annoying, and fun.

I wonder if certain assets just start out immortal or you can somehow become immortal???

Oh by the way, if you are worried about people relocating to find your capitol, just build watch towers and read your turn report.  Solved.

(05-25-2022, 10:09 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Oh by the way, if you are worried about people relocating to find your capitol, just build watch towers and read your turn report.  Solved.

I never read my turn report. I think its cheating.

(05-25-2022, 02:52 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 10:09 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Oh by the way, if you are worried about people relocating to find your capitol, just build watch towers and read your turn report.  Solved.

I think some people agree with you.  I have often found peoples capitol by agent recon and they make no effort get a big group, wizards, or beef the defenses to prevent the obvious from happening.  I actually prefer agent recon over agent relocation because recon marks the map on squares I've checked, and people don't seem to notice the recon on their turn result anyway.

(05-25-2022, 02:52 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:

Wink  Good one, Mr. Needle.

(05-25-2022, 02:40 AM)Eregnon Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 01:01 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: A Divine Figure?  An Immortal?   I'm intrigued.

But can he still be killed by beheading? If he is killed that way, does the killer get his power? Also, does he have to speak with a Scottish accent?

The immortal always gets away somehow just before the intended beheading.  He may lose a turn escaping the kidnappers, but being immortal, he is, well, immortal. So he, or she, as in the immortal Black Queen, has that going for them, as Bill Murray might say.

More interesting than not dying when being executed as a hostage (100% successful escape attempt even when opposing agents are on guard) are the special abilities or effects of being an Immortal.

Here are a few of them (tentative):

- An Immortal knows when another kingdom has enamored a region that he is substantial or better in

- An Immortal knows who sent a Raven to a kingdom-controlled pop center or an Agent performing a recon

- An Immortal's majestic presence allows wizards in their kingdoms to exceed their max assured limit by up to two levels

- An Immortal has a higher chance of escaping capture by an opposing military group when their capital falls (similar to a Secret Passages building effect)

Note that not every ruler may become Immortal. Only a limited number of kingdoms will start the game as an Immortal. For example, the Elven, Red Dragon, and Lizard Men rulers begin as Immortal.