Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking New Heroes Primeval
I just want to publicly thank both Jumpingfist and Clavatus for reaching out to a new player (me) and helping with some turn 1 questions. Your generosity and patience is well appreciated sirs.

(05-13-2014, 03:40 PM)Drogo Wrote: I just want to publicly thank both Jumpingfist and Clavatus for reaching out to a new player (me) and helping with some turn 1 questions. Your generosity and patience is well appreciated sirs.

Very good to hear!

(DW) 1st in the book and I seem to be missing something.
"Dwarves start with the Axe of Farin and the location of the portal to Runnimede in this one."
I've been Gnomed!!!

Started the game off a bit different. Decided to try and see if I could get the region on T2. Did nt buy a priestess and sent Emms all over the place hoping to strike a PC. Good thing about using Emms for this is you do not pay gold if they do not move to a PC. I moved my main group using a 725 and split another from it to cover 5 squares as a patrol. Also was able to move groups 2 and 3 to the same area to combine together. My 725 landed me on a town and my combined groups landed on a town as well. Also my splinter group and both the other groups each spotted a PC during there movement. Lots of PC found nice. But every thing is not a bed of rocks. The town my combined groups landed on looks like it would have been the RD capital had he been playing so 15k defense. My little dwarves are good but not that good for groups 2 and 3. My 1DW city was at 10k just a bit high than I am comfortable attacking and I do not have any nice 171s like others. So in the end I should take my city this turn and be able to move enough Emms and groups into PC to allow me to squeak by with the region on T3, thanks to getting the census from two capitals and a city. I did get the council spot so can use the extra influence next turn pretty easy.

(05-15-2014, 07:57 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Did nt buy a priestess and sent Emms all over the place hoping to strike a PC. Good thing about using Emms for this is you do not pay gold if they do not move to a PC.

This is really helpful information. I did not realize that you do not pay Emissaries if they are sent to an area without a PC.

Congrats on the bargain basement HC seat.

Did you really get shafted on the Axe and portal?

Seeing how we all get a HC seat in this format hard to say what it is worth other than T5 being worth 1. I think 3k for an extra order a few turns early is worth while plus could land a few extra cheap influence ups.

For the Axe I think was more likely forgotten than shafted. I did submit a support request two or three days before turn was due but as on par with my requests no reply.

Got my axe now. Happy DW again

Everyone likes a happy DW.
-The Deliverer

(DW) Turn 2 in the books. I ended up combining my groups together on a high defense town in R2 not because I really want my group fighting a hard to take town but I needed the location closer to targets in my second region also this town is most likely the RDstarting capital so will be a higher than normal gold production which I will get T3 since my group attacks before production is recorded. I sent emissary to the other towns and villages I uncovered. I also hired a priestess to divine town in what would be my second region. I hired a pro gov because I realized I would likely be short on my second region if I did not. Basically setting a goal of getting my second region by turn 4 I had to take a close looks at what I have. Most my emmisaries will be busy taking towns and villages in R3 on T3. I had two dukes not doing anything on T1 so on T2 I started setting in motion to take T4. Instead of sending both dukes to the city I sent only 1 and brought the region to friendly. The reason for this is if I send both dukes I would get the city fast but would also not have one less emisary to take a town on T4. Instead I can turn the city neutral on T3 and then take control T4 and have 1 extra emisary to now move into a PC on T3. I would also have two counts freed up after taking my R3 city this turn. That would leave 1 duke, 2 counts, a pro gov hired. Plus I already own one town there. I had run across a town there as well but did not move the other duke into it this time playing it safe because my slow DW legs could reach it. So again with T4 in mind I did not go for the quick gold. That makes a city and 6 town. A city and 5 towns should take the region plus I have one for good measure.

How about you guys share some mistakes made so far? I know you have, we all do when we start out.

Also we did finally have a GN siting with him effecting my influence.

It's still really early and I probably don't know things well enough to know what mistakes I've already made. Did miss the HC by only a bit last turn, probably would have made sense to put in a little higher bid (especially because I have Influence issues).

I maybe have not trusted my troops to 170 (or 171) enough and relied too heavily on Emissaries which has been a bit expensive.

I did not really look at either my ESO or SVC until this turn. Not sure if this has hurt me but it definitely could have and is probably a good example of a rookie move which should be avoided.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

I also learned that is very helpful to complete your orders at least a day before its due and then to sleep on it. Invariably I make some changes when I've had time to let things ruminate.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde