Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 12-Player AESR Game
I saw Grasshopper mention that he is current. Just in case he doesn't realize, there are at least two games here waiting to start.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Grasshopper meant he is current on processing turns.

We are looking right now at the two AESR games that had threads started simultaneously. That makes it confusing for us. Several players in each game did not send preferences to Sign Up but I doubt anyone wants us to wait on those.

We are assembling the lists now. Creating Anonymous games from start (assembling player and kingdom lists) through emailing is a three hour job.

Anyway, after processing games due today we will hope to have the games created by sometime this evening.

That will make four games created this week if we get a Ranger for the Steel Rex #150 game.

Only the players from this game were supposed to email you with preferences.

the 'True AESR' game is supposed to have the kingdoms randomly assigned, so you should not consider any emails regarding that one.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(09-17-2014, 05:29 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Only the players from this game were supposed to email you with preferences.

the 'True AESR' game is supposed to have the kingdoms randomly assigned, so you should not consider any emails regarding that one.

Happened to me twice now. I am good at randomly getting the same kingdoms. Last time I won twice as the WA so will see how it goesSmile

I did something terrible and read my turn 0. It states very clearly 151 is True AESR

I think I mixed the two up so I fixed them here. I got the same kingdom in the other game that I requested here.

This game has not yet started.
 Lord Diamond

In any case, players were not specific with their emails to signup about 50% of the time, players that did label "True ASER" were as likely to specify choices as those in "New ASER". Several players are in both games and some of those requested kingdoms in both games, usually the same kingdoms.

I think I will put the kabash on players starting new game threads.

(09-18-2014, 02:36 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: In any case, players were not specific with their emails to signup about 50% of the time, players that did label "True ASER" were as likely to specify choices as those in "New ASER". Several players are in both games and some of those requested kingdoms in both games, usually the same kingdoms.

I think I will put the kabash on players starting new game threads.

Whatever you think is best, of course, but this wouldn't have been an issue except for something of a perfect storm. You had tons of games all end at the same time that you stopped starting new games due to personal reasons and a slew of game changes. Had we not started these threads and given the players something to look forward to, there would have been quite a bit more discontent while we stared at empty inboxes.

Instead of getting annoyed at the confusion our enthusiasm caused, perhaps this could serve as encouragement to get the online/automated game queues created. We would all be much happier. Especially if the system allows for custom games.
 Lord Diamond

Ryvor, you are the game manager and you can run the games the way you believe is best.

I must agree with Lord Diamond. If he had not take the initiative you would have had many more unhappy customers.

I understand you took time off for your family but you also continued to send invoices. I have spent over a month playing only one game while I have been paying for 3. As long as I am paying for the game I do expect a minimal level of service and for the last several months that service level has been below minimum.

I know you are working to change the game to fulfill a vision but I dont believe service should drop off while you fulfill your dream. If service levels returned to the standard you set 6 or 8 months ago but changes came more slowly I would be much more happy.

This is a game but it is also a business and to collect money and not provide the promised services is a fast way to lose customers. I would go as far as to say that if your customer base were not as committed to the game as they are, you would have many fewer customers and you would be refunding a significant amount of money.

We have one player in the game to form New 12-Player AESR that has gone a-wol.

We need a new player to complete this game creation.
We also need (unless someone just joined) a Ranger in Game #150 to get that going.

(09-19-2014, 12:19 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: We have one player in the game to form New 12-Player AESR that has gone a-wol.

We need a new player to complete this game creation.
We also need (unless someone just joined) a Ranger in Game #150 to get that going.

Did you include Frost Lord? He posted that he is hoping to join one of the AESR games.
 Lord Diamond