Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valhalla 2013
In preparation for finalizing Valhalla for 2013, here's another chance to recommend your friends and fiends for:

Recognized by Their Peers in 2013

Just all in this thread, list your candidate by Persona, kingdom, Game #, your position in the game, and why you nominate them for:

Chancellor - Mentor like performance.

Iron Willed - "You Shall Not Pass!"

Infamous - Made the game memorable for you because....

(01-07-2014, 02:23 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: In preparation for finalizing Valhalla for 2013, here's another chance to recommend your friends and fiends for:

Recognized by Their Peers in 2013

Just all in this thread, list your candidate by Persona, kingdom, Game #, your position in the game, and why you nominate them for:

Chancellor - Mentor like performance.

Iron Willed - "You Shall Not Pass!"

Infamous - Made the game memorable for you because....

Chancellor - HeadHoncho - He has answered every question I have asked him effectively, even when I wouldn't like the answer. I cannot nominate a specific game, I think he helped me in my first game and then several since. The main reason would be that we have not had a reason to communicate in any of the games recently, but he still keeps me updated with his findings.

I submit that there should also be a fourth category. Not sure exactly what to call it, but it would be for those folks that stood beside you even when it was a sacrifice to do so. Maybe the "Staunch Ally" or something. I can think of a at least one I'd nominate for that.

How about adding a 'Glass Jaw' category to recognize those players who drop as soon as it becomes apparent that they won't win the game?

BTW, those are the players I tend to attack early on.

I am not really advocating this, as it might chase players away, but I will award those titles privately. Smile
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

There are a lot of titles that I award privately. Smile It's kind of like the awards in a high school year book. Most likely to _____. Sort of like Mad Libs, but only fun for me.

For this, I'd say my three nominations would be:
Chancellor -Hawk, in just about every thing that I see him involved in. From assembling info to providing sample turns, he seems to always be trying to increase the knowledge base across the board.
Iron Willed - Lord Thanatos, in game 102 as the GN, for continuing on the entire game and making it impossible to assume that region 7 was "under control", even though he finished with 28 status points. 28! If that's too early, his fight in 106 as the AN was also worth mention.
Infamous - Telrandir, for 109 as the DW and his ability and desire to actually BE a dwarf.
-The Deliverer

(01-10-2014, 09:57 AM)Cargus10 Wrote: I submit that there should also be a fourth category. Not sure exactly what to call it, but it would be for those folks that stood beside you even when it was a sacrifice to do so. Maybe the "Staunch Ally" or something.

Wingman Supreme?

If we want to keep it consistent, we could call it 'blood brother'? Or is that too sexist seeing as we do have female players and would probably like to have more?

'Bloodsworn'?

'Packmate'?