Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 SLUGFEST
(05-15-2021, 05:11 PM)Agent Orange Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 04:55 PM)Calin Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 11:48 AM)unclemike Wrote: Technically, it is possible for people to sign up for two kingdom slots in a slugfest then only 10 players will be needed. However, we will need to create new dummy accounts for the second position. I think the Game Queue references the player account as a restriction for signing up and if so, then the 10 players would have to create a new dummy account. But if we go that route then the slugfest competition would turn into a quasi Confederate style type of game which isn't as good as having 20 people participating in the contest...

Personally the attraction was to try the 20 way chaos.  If we don't have 20 then I'd probably just look for a normal game.  Running 2 Kingdoms is beyond me currently.

I don't have the time for running two as well, lets see if you get a full 20.

I agree with Agent and Calin, I can't do another 2 position game right now.

id try it out for fun may be only way I ever get a win

So random kingdoms and as it's third cycle the kingdoms are already assigned to a region?
New players might not know about 3rd cycle.

(05-13-2021, 07:53 PM)Calin Wrote: Never played nor heard of a Slugfest game, but it's a choice in the creator.  At VB Mikes suggestion I am bringing the idea here.  It's set as:

Slugfest
Maelstrom
Random City
Normal Win Conditions
Full Diplomacy (Can't imagine a 20 player Slugfest any other way)
Exploratory

Not sure how to make it random kingdoms and random regions but that would be the idea.   20 people sign up.  We all get randomly placed, and then all Hell breaks loose.

The 20-player Slugfest game is setup in the automated queue so sign up when you have a chance. Even though kingdom selection is random, you will need to specify your kingdom preferences when joining the queue. The server will randomly select the order of players to choose their kingdom assignment. I think that's how it works. It's been a while since we've done a Draft B style of game...

FYI to the newbies... third cycle means most of the wizards kingdoms are hidden capital, except NE I think.

What are the dispersed kingdoms? Those are not allowed right?

(05-16-2021, 01:48 AM)Calin Wrote: What are the dispersed kingdoms?  Those are not allowed right?

can someone post the skinny on the 3rd cycle...just to be safe..im in no matter what, but a refresher might be in order.

If I'm not mistaken duels are governed by 3rd cycle rules.  If you want some practice, there is an option.  Other than duels, I've never played 3rd cycle, skipped right over it.  I'll learn as I go.

in for 20 person slug fest

Kingdoms of The Choosing Primary Region:

Dispersed #11 Dispersed #12

Potential Kingdoms:

High Elves or Druid- Oakendell
Cimmerians or Necromancer - Northern Mists
Dwarves or Warlock - Talking Mountains
Sorcerer or Amazon - Torvale
Black Dragon or Sacred Order - Amberland
Demon Princes or Atlantans - Eastern Steppes
Gnomes or Halflings - Runnimede
Ranger or Illusionist - Arcania
Lizard Kingdom or Dark Elves - Synisvania
Nomads or Ancient Ones - Southern Sands
Underworld or Pirates Dispersed
Red Dragon or Tyrant Dispersed

No fortifications, no Maelstrom political advantage/disadvantage, basic political chart. Hidden capitals all Maelstrom has plus all wizard kingdoms except NE. Kingdoms are assigned to region listed can’t change that. Terrain type associated to pop center bonus ( unless that Maelstrom change effected all games?) Old map;

I’ll find some more stuff to post. Hope this helps