Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5663 - Full Diplomacy
(09-04-2023, 01:44 AM)Brekk Wrote: Guys, I'm here to mentor and play ask ANY question here If you have secret questions shoot an email/direct message.
Calidor its good to see you back !!

OK. I will just ask questions puplically unless the answers will unbalance the game for another player. I figure if I have a questions someone else might as well.

1. This mithril stuff. The game will announce it pops up somewhere and I move my miners there and they just automatically mine the stuff? Can they be attacked?

2. I start with fleets all over the world but I cannot actually use them for mercantile functions unless I have a PC in the sea (or shore) right?

Another one. For Excellent and Superior Encounters does a Wizard have to actually go with the patrol into the encounter in order for their intrinsic spells like Light of Evening Star to take effect? Or is just being in the group and not joining the encounter enough?

(09-04-2023, 05:19 PM)Calidor Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 01:44 AM)Brekk Wrote: Guys, I'm here to mentor and play ask ANY question here If you have secret questions shoot an email/direct message. 

OK. I will just ask questions puplically unless the answers will unbalance the game for another player.  I figure if I have a questions someone else might as well.

1. This mithril stuff.  The game will announce it pops up somewhere and I move my miners there and they just automatically mine the stuff?  Can they be attacked?

2. I start with fleets all over the world but I cannot actually use them for mercantile functions unless I have a PC in the sea (or shore) right?

You have been waiting awhile for an answer so I will help out.  Mithril minors automatically mine when they reach an announced deposit.
You can lose minors due to random events.
I don't think they can be attacked by a player but I am not certain.
For mercantile orders you do need to control a pop center.

(09-06-2023, 02:51 PM)Calidor Wrote: Another one.  For Excellent and Superior Encounters does a Wizard have to actually go with the patrol into the encounter in order for their intrinsic spells like  Light of Evening Star to take effect?  Or is just being in the group and not joining the encounter enough?

Yes you have to be involved with the encounter and you do that by casting any spell against the encounter.  That places your wizard into the encounter.
There is a trait, I think adventurer, that allows you to enter an encounter without the light of the Evening Star or Bridge of Mist so you could do the encounter without a wizard.

(09-06-2023, 03:10 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 05:19 PM)Calidor Wrote:

OK. I will just ask questions puplically unless the answers will unbalance the game for another player.  I figure if I have a questions someone else might as well.

1. This mithril stuff.  The game will announce it pops up somewhere and I move my miners there and they just automatically mine the stuff?  Can they be attacked?

You have been waiting awhile for an answer so I will help out.  Mithril minors automatically mine when they reach an announced deposit.
You can lose minors due to random events.
I don't think they can be attacked by a player but I am not certain.
For mercantile orders you do need to control a pop center.

(09-06-2023, 02:51 PM)Calidor Wrote: Another one.  For Excellent and Superior Encounters does a Wizard have to actually go with the patrol into the encounter in order for their intrinsic spells like  Light of Evening Star to take effect?  Or is just being in the group and not joining the encounter enough?

Yes you have to be involved with the encounter and you do that by casting any spell against the encounter.  That places your wizard into the encounter.
There is a trait, I think adventurer, that allows you to enter an encounter without the light of the Evening Star or Bridge of Mist so you could do the encounter without a wizard.

Thanks!

Why aren't people putting their orders in for the game?

(09-07-2023, 12:55 AM)Acererak Wrote: Why aren't people putting their orders in for the game?

You are referring to Brekk the Brittle, no doubt. Because he is old and slow and weak - mostly weak.

He lounges, this new owner, partaking of puffy Bon Bons, and reciting poetry, for such are his ways. He is much too important to be troubled with issuing orders for the kingdom that languishes beneath his yoke.

Have you tried sticking him with a pitchfork? Try that, and then get back to us.

* * * WARNING & REMINDER * * *
Be sure to set your ESO and Kingdom Customizations
before this Turn #3 processes, if you haven't done so, already!

2 drops, both new players. Never did a turn.

(09-10-2023, 03:05 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: 2 drops, both new players. Never did a turn.

haniasultan had been signed up for a while, if memory serves me correctly. They may have been signed up, before I started playing in Game 5684.

foyino7214, I'm less sure about.

I don't know either of them, as far as I know. And when player names do not match forum user names, I have no real way to contact them. As far as I know and am aware, neither of them were signed up for the forum (unless they did so under other monikers). Even since this game first launched and got started, neither of them communicated with others on the forum (unless it was with someone that I'm not aware of). All things considered, I'm no really surprised. In general, though, how long do any of us think than an average person is likely to wait for a game that they signed up for to start?

AlwaysFPS, Lord Luty the Loyal, and Lord Shadow are PBM gamers, if I am not mistaken. I don't know if AlwaysFPS is issuing turn orders for his position, but the other two, they likely are. My Dwarven kingdom in this game just attacked - and lost a battle to - one of Lord Shadow's Lizard military groups, in the turn that just got processed - Turn #3. It was a small battle between small forces. His group had more characters in it than mine. Why did I attack it? Well, it was nosing around in my region, and it ended up landing atop a neutral population centers where I already had a group located at. More importantly, I felt that, hopefully, getting attacked early on might ignite a greater spark of interest in new Alamaze player, Lord Shadow. This is actually the first military battle that I have fought in Alamaze, if memory serves me correctly.

Lord Luty the Loyal is this fellow:

Luty has been playing PBM games since the dawn of PBM time (or thereabouts). Now, that's no guarantee that he'll stay long term, of course. He's likely checking Alamaze out, and taking advantage of thee fact that one can currently play Alamaze for free.

Due to me posting and mentioning haniasultan back on 08-23-2023, I know for a fact that haniasultan was signed up by or before then (it was before). See that posting by me mentioning haniasultan here:

https://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/show...5#pid85525

And what is a question that I ask in that posting? It was this, "Why does it take so long for new games of Alamaze to start?"

In the image below, which was dated 07-14-2023 (which was when I created it from a screenshot), it shows haniasultan signed up for this particular game of Alamaze (Game 5663) at least that far back.

It may just be that in haniasultan's case, that person just got tired of waiting for the game to start.

Or maybe they had a forum account, one that got deleted in a bid to deal with another issue. It's possible, I suppose, but unlikely, I think. For example, spambot or manual spam forum accounts don't tend to sign up for games of Alamaze to play. While it could change in the future, as far as I know, the Alamaze forum and the Alamaze game occupy space on different servers. Brekk or unclemike can correct me on that, if I am wrong.