Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5663 - Full Diplomacy
Arr, listen up, ye scallywags! Here be some savvy moves fer yer first turns:

Win Hearts 'n Minds: Have yer Cap'n or Queen sway the locals' feelin's (Order #470) in the region where yer stronghold be anchored. 'Tis key to rulin' these waters.

Dispatch Yer Diplomats: Send yer top swindlers, I mean, emissaries (Order #350) to the grand port in yer region. Come the next tide, have the high-rankin' one stir up a mutiny (Order #320), and the other seize control (Order #330). If ye reckon the enemy might put 'em to sleep, have yer wizards cast a protective spell (Spell #301).

Mobilize Yer Crew: Transfer a first mate or a greenhorn wizard to a lazy crew to make sure all hands can set sail 'n explore. Ye can either roam far 'n wide (Order #720) or stop at the first settlement ye find (Order #725).

Send Yer Spies: If ye got a spy worth his salt, level 4 or above, have 'im scout fer hidden ports (Order #976) in a four-cove pattern.

Wizardry: With yer spellcasters, ye can either boost their powers (Order #799/800) or have 'em conjure some magic.

Yarrr, that be the course fer success!

Reference: Page 23-24

Hey all. Apologies for the delay... I think I signed up for this game quite a few months ago and forgot about it so was not expecting turn results. I thought it was a mentor/new returning player game where we would be paired up.

Anyhow. I will give it a shot but kind of overwhelmed by the new stuff.

To my Red Dragon and Underworld neighbors in Darkover and Nyvaria- I think I synergize well with both of you and would like to see if we can agree to look elsewhere for our targets for the first few turns.

PS: The screenshot of the Ready Screen above seems to be of a different game?

This is a Full Diplomacy game, yet here in the Alamaze forum's game thread designated for this game, it sure seems to be a quiet game.

(09-03-2023, 03:33 PM)Calidor Wrote: PS: The screenshot of the Ready Screen above seems to be of a different game?

Oops! It sure is. Thanks for pointing that out, Calidor. Sorry for any confusion it may have caused. It's just me being clumsy, again.

@brekk I just found the built in player aids for Diplomacy, Agents and Encounters. Very nice!

Who in this game needs a Mentor? One of the new players or returning players not familiar with the new changes?

I'd love one but of course if there is a true new person please let them get one first

Guys, I'm here to mentor and play ask ANY question here If you have secret questions shoot an email/direct message.
Calidor its good to see you back !!

The mountains rumble, as the Dwarves finish toiling in the mines, before other kingdoms, before other races manage to get their turn orders in for Turn #2.

(09-03-2023, 01:46 AM)Brekk Wrote: Send Yer Spies: If ye got a spy worth his salt, level 4 or above, have 'im scout fer hidden ports (Order #976) in a four-cove pattern.

And if'n ye were worth yer salt, ye would have already have submitted yer turn orders fer the next turn. Aye.

Instead, yer blubber be overflowin' yer tongue barnacles, ye survy dawg!