Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valhalla - Kingdoms of Alamaze
VALHALLA!

Attached Files
.pdf   Valhalla - Kingdoms of Alamaze - 02032016(1038).pdf (Size: 1.31 MB / Downloads: 21)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I think the reason (in the 2 hours Valhalla has been posted as I write) that no one has posted yet, is
Shock and Awe!

Like an ancient traveler first seeing the Coliseum or the Great Pyramid, breath is taken away and words don't come. What a great work, Lord Diamond.

You Nailed it or I should Say LD Nailed it! Great job. I have been reading through this stuff since it has been posted. I love stats. looking over those player stats carefully Smile I also like seeing just how little some kingdoms have. a good one is the highest number of brigades an UN finished with is 12.

Frost Lord and I are glad you like it. It was a labor of love and, in some cases, more labor than love. We have already started thinking of ways to improve it down the road!

Don't forget to dig down and see the Kingdom Leaders and Player Stats. They may be buried a bit and will need to be made sticky as well.

I will be posting all the individual game reports in their respective game threads. I still have some to do when my 20 post per day limit resets again. The plan is to post them fairly soon after a game ends moving forward. Within hours would be great, but at least within a few days. These three reports will be updated at the same time as well.

If anything here is not clear, please ask questions! I plan to create a FAQ document. I
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I may cry. This is so beautiful. I love stats.

This is indeed beautiful. LD, you've totally outdone yourself. I love of all of the detail...

I would like to offer you a beverage and steak of your choice, on me. All you have to do is come to Canada to claim it!

Really great work!

(08-22-2014, 03:55 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Frost Lord and I are glad you like it. It was a labor of love and, in some cases, more labor than love. We have already started thinking of ways to improve it down the road!

Don't forget to dig down and see the Kingdom Leaders and Player Stats. They may be buried a bit and will need to be made sticky as well.

I will be posting all the individual game reports in their respective game threads. I still have some to do when my 20 post per day limit resets again. The plan is to post them fairly soon after a game ends moving forward. Within hours would be great, but at least within a few days. These three reports will be updated at the same time as well.

If anything here is not clear, please ask questions! I plan to create a FAQ document. I

Spectacular job Lord Diamond!

I heartily commend you!

It is interesting to peruse the standings and see the game results in the various formats. I really like how you have listed the latest turn result for each player having played each kingdom. I didn't really stop and realize that there are only four kingdoms I have not played in a classic contest. Time to fix that. Smile

Thank you for all your work! You should feel that your fellow-gamers sincerely appreciate your efforts.
Lord Thanatos

This may have started off as my project, but It mostly became Frost Lord's when the programming got complicated far beyond my meager skill. He is a genius at creating processes using MS Access and Exclel.

The best part is that now that all the complicated work is done, this won't require a lot of time end effort to maintain. Anyone could do it from start to finish in less than ten minutes or so. We should be able to continue this indefinitely now that Cipher mostly automated his end of the process as well.

It literally happens with the push of a button. All the pdfs are created and all I have to do is load the file on the forums, which is the most tedious part of the process.

I hope that this encourages people to play more games, enjoy those games even when winning is out of the picture, and to drop fewer games.

Don't forget to look at the Kingdom leaders, individual game reports, and player stats. They are in diffeent threads.

We would also welcome amy feedback or suggestions!
 Lord Diamond

We have a new High Chancellor of Alamaze! Wynand is no longer the sole power in the land.

Attached Files
.pdf   Valhalla - Kingdoms of Alamaze - 08282014(1424).pdf (Size: 901.62 KB / Downloads: 25)
 Lord Diamond