Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Stats
(03-12-2015, 12:09 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I wonder if DuPont will lap us having played every kingdom 2x before anyone else plays them all once.  Only Wynand is close.

When the games I am presently in are concluded I will have played all 15 kingdoms at least once. . .

We should ask DuPont to write a treatise on the relative comparative strengths of the kingdoms?
Lord Thanatos

(03-12-2015, 06:41 PM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(03-12-2015, 12:09 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I wonder if DuPont will lap us having played every kingdom 2x before anyone else plays them all once.  Only Wynand is close.

When the games I am presently in are concluded I will have played all 15 kingdoms at least once. . .

We should ask DuPont to write a treatise on the relative comparative strengths of the kingdoms?

When all the games I am in are currently completed, I will have played all but the GN at least twice. Hmmm, I need to get into a GN game. Smile
What can I say? I just enjoy playing the game. Winning isn't really my thing, I just enjoy doing different moves. Alamaze is my main indulgence in life, so I get my fill of it.

(03-14-2015, 03:24 AM)DuPont Wrote:

When all the games I am in are currently completed, I will have played all but the GN at least twice. Hmmm, I need to get into a GN game. Smile
What can I say? I just enjoy playing the game. Winning isn't really my thing, I just enjoy doing different moves. Alamaze is my main indulgence in life, so I get my fill of it.

The next big step is to podium in all 15 kingdoms!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Had to look it up

Wynand leading the charge with podium places for 9 different kingdoms.
Jumpingfist, The Deliverer and Vball. All have 7

LD, LT, Cloud, Hawk, HH, and THalion are the only others with 4+

I expect to be at 9 in the next two weeks. Someone has to catch Wynand.

(03-14-2015, 04:55 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(03-14-2015, 03:24 AM)DuPont Wrote:

The next big step is to podium in all 15 kingdoms!
I've started to pay more attention to artifacts in newer games. I'd mostly ignored them up until now, unless I stumbled onto them. That will probably boost me onto the podium in some upcoming games. Smile

Oh, man. Now I will have to share!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Artifacts I think will be the rebirth of the Mage kingdoms. The system almost requires mages for some of the better ones. I have spend most of game 300 playing with the artifacts. I like how they are challenging and you can actually find really nice ones still late in the game.

Artifacts are a major emphasis going forward.  First, in The Choosing, many will be revamped, some removed, and several new ones put in place. 

Guardians will be matched with the quality of the artifact, as was done in Fall of Rome.  A few more non-conflict unusual sightings including a Power 3 wizard and a High Priestess and a Princess. 

(03-14-2015, 10:40 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Artifacts are a major emphasis going forward.  First, in The Choosing, many will be revamped, some removed, and several new ones put in place. 

Guardians will be matched with the quality of the artifact, as was done in Fall of Rome.  A few more non-conflict unusual sightings including a Power 3 wizard and a High Priestess and a Princess. 

Nice! I still advocate the three sighting Quest.

I hope you get rid of the kingdom specific weapons like Troll Slayer and Giant Slayer.

It might also be cool to have a few sightings, or a class of them, that can only be found by landing a group on them or doing an 888 or 970 directly on the area. Meaning no HP or 978 can help you find them. Maybe the non-conflict sightings would be good candidates for this.

One last (for now) request and it is a big deal. Have the locations for all the unusually sightings be truly random. Too many are tied to certain regions and are too predictable. Why always have the Ring of Invisibility in the Northern Mists? Give the Black Dragon a chance at it!
 Lord Diamond