Alamaze - New

Full Version: Limited Forum Diplomacy - Game 5186
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(08-26-2018, 01:19 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: [ -> ]A tense third turn for some.

WA-DE an alliance is still on table, and/or a NAP on t6-9?

WA-NE same, as above.

Fire King

NE-WA
Yes my warm-blooded neighbor. We are certainly open to either of those but think we should take the next few months to get a feel for the way the Kingdoms align. Also, congratulations on your swift subjugation of the Talking Mountains.

I pass those congratulations also to the Imperator and the Blue Wizard. Such achievements are the mark or a well disciplined and organized effort!
(08-26-2018, 01:27 AM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]

WA-DE  an alliance is still on table, and/or a NAP on t6-9?

WA-NE  same, as above.

Fire King

NE-WA
Yes my warm-blooded neighbor. We are certainly open to either of those but think we should take the next few months to get a feel for the way the Kingdoms align.  Also, congratulations on your swift subjugation of the Talking Mountains.

I pass those congratulations also to the Imperator and the Blue Wizard.  Such achievements are the mark or a well disciplined and organized effort!
WA-NE

Thank you, and I agree, I just wanted to take this turn to maintain a peace on our borders.  Smile

Acererak

(08-26-2018, 01:23 AM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 09:39 PM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ](GN) Curious, you seem to be willing to hold the SA and his foreknowledge artifact for him but mine is "treasure in your territory that I might be pillaging"? I'd like to retrieve my artifact. It is in row D. Is one of the fine encounters you are moving on or at in this column? It'd be nice if I could get my kingdom artifact.

NE-GN
Ahh my Gnomish friend.  The Dead treat all the same.   The difference is all in the way the question is posed:

One person seemed to respect our sovereign rights : "Lord of the Undead(NE) My ancestors have secreted an ancient item prized by my people in your territory. I do not wish to violate your border but am open to a deal for its retrieval, if you are interested." To which we responded positively that we could negotiate for the retrieval and transfer of this Holy Relic

The other simply said: "I don't want to waste my time popping up near you to retrieve if you have already found it." To which we responded with a reminder that we claim the resources of the Northern Mists and would be open to discussing an arrangement if this ancient artifact is of cultural significance.  

In either case, we are well aware of the artifacts at both DL and DQ.  We shall retrieve one this turn and one the next.  Should you wish to purchase it on Turn 6 we are certainly open to that discussion.

NE-DA
My liege has given me his commands for the next month.  I shall hold off on issuing them until tomorrow in case the Imperator wishes to finalize the proposed coastal village trade.  If communication is delayed by the weather we shall continue these discussions the next time the stars align for such communication.

(GN) Fair enough and I suppose we Gnomes aren't known for being more loquacious. No offense was intended.
(08-26-2018, 02:51 AM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2018, 01:23 AM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 09:39 PM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ](GN) Curious, you seem to be willing to hold the SA and his foreknowledge artifact for him but mine is "treasure in your territory that I might be pillaging"? I'd like to retrieve my artifact. It is in row D. Is one of the fine encounters you are moving on or at in this column? It'd be nice if I could get my kingdom artifact.

NE-GN
Ahh my Gnomish friend.  The Dead treat all the same.   The difference is all in the way the question is posed:

One person seemed to respect our sovereign rights : "Lord of the Undead(NE) My ancestors have secreted an ancient item prized by my people in your territory. I do not wish to violate your border but am open to a deal for its retrieval, if you are interested." To which we responded positively that we could negotiate for the retrieval and transfer of this Holy Relic

The other simply said: "I don't want to waste my time popping up near you to retrieve if you have already found it." To which we responded with a reminder that we claim the resources of the Northern Mists and would be open to discussing an arrangement if this ancient artifact is of cultural significance.  

In either case, we are well aware of the artifacts at both DL and DQ.  We shall retrieve one this turn and one the next.  Should you wish to purchase it on Turn 6 we are certainly open to that discussion.

NE-DA
My liege has given me his commands for the next month.  I shall hold off on issuing them until tomorrow in case the Imperator wishes to finalize the proposed coastal village trade.  If communication is delayed by the weather we shall continue these discussions the next time the stars align for such communication.

(GN) Fair enough and I suppose we Gnomes aren't known for being more loquacious. No offense was intended.

Understood.  The Dead are not very emotional and no offense was taken.
SO
The Blue Wizard looked out over his lands and folded his arms in content. As much as he hated to be interrupted in his studies, his minions had done the jobs assigned to them and all of the province now was flying the blue flag. Winter was rolling in and he knew that soon activity would slow and he could spend the dark months studying.

GN - we are quite willing to accept the village you mentioned in exchange for letting your town remain unmolested in our fair lands. I assume, given the likely path of your march to the south, you are talking about the village against the forest fence? That would work quite well to use as a reference.
I am willing to trade for a village in the Sea of Mystery if you wish an island home in which to tinker. For that, though, I think I would want both a formal alliance so our fleets would never clash as well as a town given the value of such a prize.

DU - The Blue Wizard regrets the need to take your village, but we did state that this was the risk of not letting us know where such places were. Our searching group landed on it and it was needed to complete our domination. We have no further designs on your holdings.

RA - This turn, you took over a human village that was just to the east of your starting village. You may or may not know this but there is another human village just west of your starting village.
(08-25-2018, 09:30 PM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]NE-SA
Is recovery of urgency?  We ask simply because we plan to complete many rituals over the next few months to help our wizards gain power.  If there is no urgency we can exchange info when we are next able to speak (Turn results 6).  If this relic is needed sooner let us know and we will see if we can accommodate.

NE-DA
We just discovered a Human populated village that we were going to move into this turn but we could forego that and exchange territory with you.  As our relations with the denizens of Synisvania are fairly poor and you maintain such excellent control over your subjects it will be difficult for us to convince them to convert.  Would you by chance have a similar Human controlled location in mind?

DA-NE

The human village is fine (so long as its coastal). I do not have a human village that borders the Sea of Drowning but I could give you a neutral one (with a double tax order). If that is acceptable, send me the coordinates of your village; you'll also need to let me know what turn you'll take possession so I can tax it that same turn. My village is at TT.
(08-26-2018, 04:52 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 09:30 PM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]NE-SA
Is recovery of urgency?  We ask simply because we plan to complete many rituals over the next few months to help our wizards gain power.  If there is no urgency we can exchange info when we are next able to speak (Turn results 6).  If this relic is needed sooner let us know and we will see if we can accommodate.

NE-DA
We just discovered a Human populated village that we were going to move into this turn but we could forego that and exchange territory with you.  As our relations with the denizens of Synisvania are fairly poor and you maintain such excellent control over your subjects it will be difficult for us to convince them to convert.  Would you by chance have a similar Human controlled location in mind?

DA-NE

The human village is fine (so long as its coastal).  I do not have a human village that borders the Sea of Drowning but I could give you a neutral one (with a double tax order).  If that is acceptable, send me the coordinates of your village; you'll also need to let me know what turn you'll take possession so I can tax it that same turn.  My village is at TT.
NE-DA

Excellent.  The human village sits at BR and has a lovely view of the Sea of Terror.  It will take my emissary a few months to reach your village.   He will have to travel within our borders this turn in order to gather his belongings and then two months to travel the full distance to our future beach resort in Synisnavia.  We estimate we would be able to take control when my Liege issues his orders for the 7th month.

Acererak

(08-26-2018, 03:05 AM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]SO
The Blue Wizard looked out over his lands and folded his arms in content. As much as he hated to be interrupted in his studies, his minions had done the jobs assigned to them and all of the province now was flying the blue flag. Winter was rolling in and he knew that soon activity would slow and he could spend the dark months studying.

GN - we are quite willing to accept the village you mentioned in exchange for letting your town remain unmolested in our fair lands. I assume, given the likely path of your march to the south, you are talking about the village against the forest fence? That would work quite well to use as a reference.
I am willing to trade for a village in the Sea of Mystery if you wish an island home in which to tinker. For that, though, I think I would want both a formal alliance so our fleets would never clash as well as a town given the value of such a prize.

DU - The Blue Wizard regrets the need to take your village, but we did state that this was the risk of not letting us know where such places were. Our searching group landed on it and it was needed to complete our domination. We have no further designs on your holdings.

RA - This turn, you took over a human village that was just to the east of your starting village. You may or may not know this but there is another human village just west of your starting village.

(GN) 

GN-SO Mighty Blue Wizard- The Village of Still Haven in fair Torvale shall be used as a reference point. To find the last refuge of the Humans in Runnimede  that we will gladly share with you move one square East and 5 squares South from Still Haven. There you shall find your new dominion. 

Excellent news on our seas, I accept and think we can make appropriate discussion on in the next communication period. For now let us formalize a NAP until that time and then formalize said alliance. I am eager to do so.

May you stay warm in your citadel during the upcoming months.

Your diminutive friend.

gkmetty

WA-DE  an alliance is still on table, and/or a NAP on t6-9?

WA-NE  same, as above.

Fire King

HI PTRILEY,  how about a NA pact till turn 12.  At that time we can discuss an extension if it meets our needs.
Gentle reminder that the Winds of Winter currently prevent communication until Turn Results 6. (also note the NAP restrictions below)

(08-22-2018, 03:41 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: [ -> ]Post your communications here!

No Dispersed (since we only have 10)
Communication Forum only and only every 3 turns (Turn results 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39)
HC issues can be open or secret
2 Allies allowed (per rules)
NAP- Can only last 3 turns and cannot be renewed consecutively. (Example: NAP Agreed on results 3 runs to results 6. Cannot be renewed until 9)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17