Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!!
Hawk's wisdom shines through one less player. I will not be starting any new games as the rules currently stand.

I open my turn to find I am being punished for missing a row by one. My punishment is the loss of a baron, 5000 gold, 0.6 influence, roughly 1/6 of my orders this turn. Guess I should feel lucky I did not loose another 0.3 influence by not paying the ransom for my second now dead baron. Which would have lost me enough influence to be missing an order for future turns as well.

Viris Dex Mana Trolls abducted Baroness Viris Dex Mana who had become lost trying to find
a population center in area MW. We paid a 5,000 gold ransom for her safe
return. The embarrassment has become known to the peasants, resulting in a
loss of 0.3 influence.

Alteris The Dark My liege Baron Alteris The Dark was sent to area MW expecting to relocate
his base there. No population center was found. Tales say the baron was
captured by savages. The embarrassment has become known to the citizens,
resulting in a loss of 0.3 influence.

Cannia Not enough gold in treasury to pay the agent (need 1,000 gold, treasury 744
gold). (975 CA D DA)

(03-28-2017, 04:16 PM)JonDoe Wrote: Hawk's wisdom shines through one less player.   I will not be starting any new games as the rules currently stand.

I open my turn to find I am being punished for missing a row by one.  My punishment is the loss of a baron, 5000 gold, 0.6 influence, roughly 1/6 of my orders this turn.   Guess I should feel lucky I did not loose another 0.3 influence by not paying the ransom for my second now dead baron.  Which would have lost me enough influence to be missing an order for future turns as well.

Viris Dex Mana       Trolls abducted Baroness Viris Dex Mana who had become lost trying to find
                         loss of 0.3 influence.

Alteris The Dark     My liege Baron Alteris The Dark was sent to area MW expecting to relocate

Cannia                 Not enough gold in treasury to pay the agent (need 1,000 gold, treasury 744
                           gold). (975 CA D DA)

I have to agree with J.D.  This is one rule that has to go.  I know there have been recent attempts to modify it but it's really admitting the rule is a mistake and just trying to make it a bit less painful.  No way should you lose an Emmy.  I can see there being a price to pay just so the figures are not abused in using them for exploration but letting them be killed is just wrong.  I would guess there are very few players who have not plotted a wrong location by mistake.  I know I have and it cost me an emissary.

(03-28-2017, 04:42 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:16 PM)JonDoe Wrote: Hawk's wisdom shines through one less player.   I will not be starting any new games as the rules currently stand.

I open my turn to find I am being punished for missing a row by one.  My punishment is the loss of a baron, 5000 gold, 0.6 influence, roughly 1/6 of my orders this turn.   Guess I should feel lucky I did not loose another 0.3 influence by not paying the ransom for my second now dead baron.  Which would have lost me enough influence to be missing an order for future turns as well.

Viris Dex Mana       Trolls abducted Baroness Viris Dex Mana who had become lost trying to find
                         loss of 0.3 influence.

Alteris The Dark     My liege Baron Alteris The Dark was sent to area MW expecting to relocate

Cannia                 Not enough gold in treasury to pay the agent (need 1,000 gold, treasury 744
                           gold). (975 CA D DA)

I have to agree with J.D.  This is one rule that has to go.  I know there have been recent attempts to modify it but it's really admitting the rule is a mistake and just trying to make it a bit less painful.  No way should you lose an Emmy.  I can see there being a price to pay just so the figures are not abused in using them for exploration but letting them be killed is just wrong.  I would guess there are very few players who have not plotted a wrong location by mistake.  I know I have and it cost me an emissary.

Sorry, I don't get why this is so difficult.  Just go slower in entering your relocate orders.  Come on.  I can do (maybe, maybe not) a simple game with 10 pages of rules if this is so boggling.  Don't send emissaries to unexplored areas.  Recon them.  There's really nothing more to say.

I could try to make the website "smarter" by detecting if a pc is at the map location you're moving towards but it'll have to be a pc that is already under your kingdom control (as listed in the production section of your kingdom report) plus the standard cities. I can't verify other situations of pc's not yet known because then players could move a figure to all map areas that are within range of the emissary/agent (8x8 = 64 total areas) to see if a pc exists on the map before the turn even runs. So my question to those who lost a figure this way, are you losing them moving to a kingdom controlled pc or one that you were informed about by an ally? If the former then the change to the website would help...

No one is doing it on purpose, what is so difficult  to understand about That?  
It's like killinga fly with a complex fusion rifle. 

Rellgar

Although it has never happened to me obviously it is a problem from time to time. The 'punishment' seems severe. Listen to your players. As you can see even veterans make a mistake. I would say at a minimum, keep the emmy hostage until the ransom can be paid. Dont kill him and dont take away such large amnt of influence.

Nothing to do with order checker it is just a mistake with high price to pay. I am not interested in paying to see how well the game can beat me down for entering an order wrong.

To me the fix is causing more problems than the exploit. The fix is causing me to stop playing. The exploit I was fine to stop using as soon as it was mentioned it is viewed as an exploit, similar to how enemy/ally exploit is not used when told not to. I was also fine with me and everyone else that wanted to use emmies to try and get lucky to find a PC. Cost an order and gold, seemed ok.

I agree, there's no good reason for it. Although it has never happened to me, if it does I will likely no longer play either or at the least only play 1 game, so I can spend my time quadruple checking my orders. Im rolling the dice, everevery  turn I submit. 

Rellgar

(03-28-2017, 08:17 PM)unclemike Wrote: I could try to make the website "smarter" by detecting if a pc is at the map location you're moving towards but it'll have to be a pc that is already under your kingdom control (as listed in the production section of your kingdom report) plus the standard cities. I can't verify other situations of pc's not yet known because then players could move a figure to all map areas that are within range of the emissary/agent (8x8 = 64 total areas) to see if a pc exists on the map before the turn even runs. So my question to those who lost a figure this way, are you losing them moving to a kingdom controlled pc or one that you were informed about by an ally? If the former then the change to the website would help...

Why not just include the prepopulated current controlled kingdom pop center list for every time there is a location needed in an order? I love it when it shows up, but some orders it doesn't. 

I'd say players are over reacting. If the exploit doesn't have a penalty it will continue to be exploited. What's the big deal? Check your orders. I'm fine with the penalty.

(03-28-2017, 09:15 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: No one is doing it on purpose, what is so difficult  to understand about That?  
It's like killinga fly with a complex fusion rifle. 

Rellgar

Yeah, they are saying they are entering the wrong coordinates over and over. The reason for this solution to an exploit has been explained over and over. Just go slower. Check your relocation. This should not be a big deal.