Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
(11-17-2016, 06:05 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 02:20 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) Seems there is no agreement. Gotta get my orders in.

SA-NO now it looks as though you have something to bargain with us. Your last offer had left us with very little incentive and given the RA and GN a much better offer.

Rellgar former Nomad Bane?

(NO) Oh, you must mean my Army Group sitting outside your relatively defenseless capital? Or is it your emissaries that keep disappearing turn after turn? I'm not sure your allies will want to bargain but I'm always up for listening. I made you guys a more than fair offer last turn, and you convinced them to say no. 

That being said it will be fun to pop around with the group and do some real damage to the GN and RA as well if we don't.

(11-17-2016, 06:09 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) More bizarre results in group vs group battle. Here's the battle outside of Vanasheen (after the GN wiped out 6 brigades pre battle with summon death).

Battle between the 4th Gnome army group and the 1st Nomad army in the desert of area YU:

Gnome                          Nomad

Commanders
                   Marshal Brightsnout             Lord Commander Stormbringer
                   Commander Glint Goremaker       Captain Major Jakara Oasis
                   Centurion Hero of Runiclon      Centurion Zanno the True

Wizards
                       Power-8 Fogmaster           Power-3 Maz the Firecast
                       Power-7 Silver Mage        
                       Power-6 Kanis Firewand      

Brigades
                    3 Gnomes Veteran               3 Nomads Regular
                    5 Gnomes Regular               1 Zamorans Regular
                    3 Ogres Veteran                2 Zealots Regular
                    2 Ogres Regular                2 Skeletons Regular
                    5 Specters Regular            
                    5 Rock Golems Veteran        
                    3 Zombies Regular            
                    2 War Machines Veteran        
                    1 War Machines Regular        

Combat Factors
                    Very Good Leaders              Good Leaders

Tactical Selection
                       Barrage Attack              Organized Withdrawal

The sight of so many Specters in the 4th Gnome has caused fear among the ranks of their
    enemy. At the first light of dawn, the 4th Gnome army group raced to engage the defensive
    position of the 1st Nomad army under Lord Commander Stormbringer. Across the field, the
    Gnome's forces saw the banner of the Nomad 1st group, it's pride. As the attackers crossed
    the surrounding dunes, the battle began.

- Archers -

The Gnome commander, Marshal Brightsnout, experienced in advanced warfare, now initiated
    an intense barrage against the 1st Nomad. Hundreds of boulders and flaming tar hurled
    through space into their defenses to the dismay of the defenders. The long range Gnome
    slingers and light archers and the natural horse and foot archers of the Nomad force
    initiated their attack. The Gnome forces imposed tremendous damage upon the Nomad ranks in
    return, the Nomad dealt out minor losses to their foes.

- Conclusion -

At this moment in the struggle, losses suffered by the 1st Nomad had gone beyond the
    original threshold planned. As a withdrawal was attempted, the field commanders of the 1st
    Nomad assigned the duties of relaying withdrawal commands were dismayed as the effects of
    the enemy's mesmerizing magic prevented their comrades from retreating as ordered. To
    their credit, the 1st Nomad forces continued to fight as trained. Losses to the Nomad had
    risen above expectations: Lord Commander Stormbringer ordered the retreat. The leaders of
    the Nomad force managed the retreat fairly well, all considered. Gnome casualties were put
    at 0.61%. All Gnome leaders survived the battle. Brightsnout showed great courage and has
    been recognized as a Grand Marshal. Impressing his peers was Glint Goremaker, who again
    has distinguished himself. He is now a Marshal. Hero of Runiclon distinguished himself and
    has been promoted as a Captain. All the Gnome wizards survived the fray. The convincing
    completeness of the force's victory has notably increased morale. Nomad casualties were
    put at 91.43%. The group was destroyed! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th Gnome has
    acquired Champion Stallions as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th Gnome
    has acquired Crystal of Seeing as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th
    Gnome has acquired Stone of All Minds as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the
    4th Gnome has acquired Valyrian Steel as spoils of war! Ravaging from hunger, the 4th
    Gnome zombies ate the corpses of the dead from the battlefield and the force grew by 4
    zombie brigades.

<>          <>          <>

So, naturally I knew that I wanted to try and get out of there as I was outclassed. My P7 and P5 teleported away to fight another day and I put in a 1 for organized withdrawal.

As you can see, the battle ended prior to the magic phase occurring - yet the Chaos spell apparently fired off and was a factor in the battle. Weren't we just told in the previous battle with the SA that since my retreat happened prior to the magic phase he didn't encounter the wall of flame? Wall of flame goes off in the 90's for orders, Chaos is in the 100's. If the magic phase didn't happen how did Chaos happen? If it did happen why does it happen and the Wall of Flame not if the Wall of Flame is a lower order?

More questions/Comments: It says my casualties were 91% yet I was destroyed- call me crazy but to be destroyed I should have 100% casualties no? I have a Lord Commander that should have lowered the effectiveness of Chaos (if it even should have fired off). I have supremacy in the Sands and much higher initiative/speed than the Gnome. I have the archery trait which lowers losses during retreat by 50%.

If you add all of this up, it doesn't make a lot of sense that my entire force was destroyed. There's no question I should have been defeated- and badly. But I should have been able to get away with my artifacts, wizard and leaders. If you look at the factors I laid out above I'm not sure how any objective person would disagree.

Mike?

All that being said, taking nothing away from the Gnome. He clearly had me outclassed and that's why I ran!

SA-the only thing I can see is the specter fear is what caused the retreat to fail and as for brigades being destroyed, perhaps when a unit goes below 10% it has a chance of being dissolved. It doesn't give you details on which troops had so little left, so some brigades may not stay intact with so little left.

(11-17-2016, 05:37 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: NE > DU  Great Centaur, It is my greatest hope that you did not waste an order trying to buy the NO's Council seat.  Seem as though his King was a scandalous boy.  Maybe the seat will cost you less than 50,00 gold.

(NO) Well done great and powerful Necromancer king. You cast a spell against me!  I notice you didn't inform everyone that you capital fell for the second time and now we're holding 3 of your Princes, A Count, A Baron, your fool and thanks for the extra HP too. 

All that being said, if you want to cease hostilities so I can focus on destroying the SA let me know. I'm open to offers but I won't be leaving the Mists. I have nowhere to go now since the full strength of the RA and GN is in my former region in 10. We can split it however if you like.

(11-17-2016, 06:18 PM)Acererak Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 06:05 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 02:20 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) Seems there is no agreement. Gotta get my orders in.

SA-NO now it looks as though you have something to bargain with us. Your last offer had left us with very little incentive and given the RA and GN a much better offer.

Rellgar former Nomad Bane?

(NO) Oh, you must mean my Army Group sitting outside your relatively defenseless capital? Or is it your emissaries that keep disappearing turn after turn? I'm not sure your allies will want to bargain but I'm always up for listening. I made you guys a more than fair offer last turn, and you convinced them to say no. 

That being said it will be fun to pop around with the group and do some real damage to the GN and RA as well if we don't.

SA-NO Again it looks as your diplomacy fails you. I hope you have listened. 

Rellgar Nomad Bane!

(11-17-2016, 06:11 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: SA-RA,GN my friends if you would please inform me of your status in the sands. Lord of the Golden throne, are you sieging Vanasheen? Has the NO lost any more troops? I will take a town from him in the Mists and perhaps move to take a city or town or persue a group. 5NO army group is at Evanon.

Rellgar

SA- I see the NO army was destroyed. I want to know about the city which is now at a 82,058 defence. I have built up my Army group in the sands and need to know if it's needed to take the city?

Rellgar

NE > GN
Great Gnome King of the Mountains. The NO seems to think he has my Emissaries as prisoners, but I believe it will be you who will hold them. I would like to negotiate their safe return once you have taken Vanasheen, and with the city will go the Sands.
Your loyal supporter Eater of the Dead.

> NO you took Viperhead, but not the Mists, Seems you are still somewhat short on Population.

(11-17-2016, 06:09 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) More bizarre results in group vs group battle. Here's the battle outside of Vanasheen (after the GN wiped out 6 brigades pre battle with summon death).

Battle between the 4th Gnome army group and the 1st Nomad army in the desert of area YU:

Gnome                          Nomad

Commanders
                   Marshal Brightsnout             Lord Commander Stormbringer
                   Commander Glint Goremaker       Captain Major Jakara Oasis
                   Centurion Hero of Runiclon      Centurion Zanno the True

Wizards
                       Power-8 Fogmaster           Power-3 Maz the Firecast
                       Power-7 Silver Mage        
                       Power-6 Kanis Firewand      

Brigades
                    3 Gnomes Veteran               3 Nomads Regular
                    5 Gnomes Regular               1 Zamorans Regular
                    3 Ogres Veteran                2 Zealots Regular
                    2 Ogres Regular                2 Skeletons Regular
                    5 Specters Regular            
                    5 Rock Golems Veteran        
                    3 Zombies Regular            
                    2 War Machines Veteran        
                    1 War Machines Regular        

Combat Factors
                    Very Good Leaders              Good Leaders

Tactical Selection
                       Barrage Attack              Organized Withdrawal

The sight of so many Specters in the 4th Gnome has caused fear among the ranks of their
    enemy. At the first light of dawn, the 4th Gnome army group raced to engage the defensive
    position of the 1st Nomad army under Lord Commander Stormbringer. Across the field, the
    Gnome's forces saw the banner of the Nomad 1st group, it's pride. As the attackers crossed
    the surrounding dunes, the battle began.

- Archers -

The Gnome commander, Marshal Brightsnout, experienced in advanced warfare, now initiated
    an intense barrage against the 1st Nomad. Hundreds of boulders and flaming tar hurled
    through space into their defenses to the dismay of the defenders. The long range Gnome
    slingers and light archers and the natural horse and foot archers of the Nomad force
    initiated their attack. The Gnome forces imposed tremendous damage upon the Nomad ranks in
    return, the Nomad dealt out minor losses to their foes.

- Conclusion -

At this moment in the struggle, losses suffered by the 1st Nomad had gone beyond the
    original threshold planned. As a withdrawal was attempted, the field commanders of the 1st
    Nomad assigned the duties of relaying withdrawal commands were dismayed as the effects of
    the enemy's mesmerizing magic prevented their comrades from retreating as ordered. To
    their credit, the 1st Nomad forces continued to fight as trained. Losses to the Nomad had
    risen above expectations: Lord Commander Stormbringer ordered the retreat. The leaders of
    the Nomad force managed the retreat fairly well, all considered. Gnome casualties were put
    at 0.61%. All Gnome leaders survived the battle. Brightsnout showed great courage and has
    been recognized as a Grand Marshal. Impressing his peers was Glint Goremaker, who again
    has distinguished himself. He is now a Marshal. Hero of Runiclon distinguished himself and
    has been promoted as a Captain. All the Gnome wizards survived the fray. The convincing
    completeness of the force's victory has notably increased morale. Nomad casualties were
    put at 91.43%. The group was destroyed! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th Gnome has
    acquired Champion Stallions as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th Gnome
    has acquired Crystal of Seeing as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th
    Gnome has acquired Stone of All Minds as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the
    4th Gnome has acquired Valyrian Steel as spoils of war! Ravaging from hunger, the 4th
    Gnome zombies ate the corpses of the dead from the battlefield and the force grew by 4
    zombie brigades.

<>          <>          <>

So, naturally I knew that I wanted to try and get out of there as I was outclassed. My P7 and P5 teleported away to fight another day and I put in a 1 for organized withdrawal.

As you can see, the battle ended prior to the magic phase occurring - yet the Chaos spell apparently fired off and was a factor in the battle. Weren't we just told in the previous battle with the SA that since my retreat happened prior to the magic phase he didn't encounter the wall of flame? Wall of flame goes off in the 90's for orders, Chaos is in the 100's. If the magic phase didn't happen how did Chaos happen? If it did happen why does it happen and the Wall of Flame not if the Wall of Flame is a lower order?

More questions/Comments: It says my casualties were 91% yet I was destroyed- call me crazy but to be destroyed I should have 100% casualties no? I have a Lord Commander that should have lowered the effectiveness of Chaos (if it even should have fired off). I have supremacy in the Sands and much higher initiative/speed than the Gnome. I have the archery trait which lowers losses during retreat by 50%.

If you add all of this up, it doesn't make a lot of sense that my entire force was destroyed. There's no question I should have been defeated- and badly. But I should have been able to get away with my artifacts, wizard and leaders. If you look at the factors I laid out above I'm not sure how any objective person would disagree.

Mike?

All that being said, taking nothing away from the Gnome. He clearly had me outclassed and that's why I ran!
I know you specifically asked Mike to answer and I am sure that he has the definitive answer but I think the issue here is that magical damage spells have a specific place in the battle sequence. As you can see there was no damage from lightning. Other spells are used in battle such as windstorm which are not necessarily in the "magic damage" phase. The chaos spell states "The effect is that the enemy will be unable to effectively withdraw at their define retreat level"
Which would often be before the magic phase work organized withdrawal orders

(11-17-2016, 06:53 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: NE > GN
    Great Gnome King of the Mountains.  The NO seems to think he has my Emissaries as prisoners, but I believe it will be you who will hold them.  I would like to negotiate their safe return once you have taken Vanasheen, and with the city will go the Sands.
Your loyal supporter Eater of the Dead.  

> NO you took Viperhead, but not the Mists,  Seems you are still somewhat short on Population.
GN-NE
I did not attack Vanasheen this turn and the Nomad has moved his capitol elsewhere. I am afraid you will have to locate them to effect their rescue

(RA) - GN your emissary is resting comfortably and I will gladly return her for 1 g.  Obviously, I was not expecting that.  I'd love to know the detail of the battle for the capitol.  The odds were certainly with you.

(RA) PI - was that you filching gold at Zarathon?  If so just own up and no big deal.  I can understand the sell sword obligations to your client, who I attacked.  If things were to continue for long, or escalate, I would have to look at it differently.  The last one to take a little gold from Zarathon paid with a pc and found it was not cost effective.

(11-17-2016, 07:28 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: (RA) - GN your emissary is resting comfortably and I will gladly return her for 1 g.  Obviously, I was not expecting that.  I'd love to know the detail of the battle for the capitol.  The odds were certainly with you.

(RA) PI - was that you filching gold at Zarathon?  If so just own up and no big deal.  I can understand the sell sword obligations to your client, who I attacked.  If things were to continue for long, or escalate, I would have to look at it differently.  The last one to take a little gold from Zarathon paid with a pc and found it was not cost effective.

GN - RA
I will put in the ransom order this turn.

The battle was posted in its entirety by the nomads. In addition there were 2 summon death spells and whatever spell the Nomad wizard casted was dispelled - probably it was a guarded attack spell to save himself and the Nomad artifacts. His other 2 wizards teleported away before the battle.