Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5684
(08-04-2023, 01:36 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: It easy to overlook. Standing Orders are on page 33/34 of rule book for clarification.Smile And that last part is NOT noted on the pages. would have added an attachment showing Uncle Mikes pages and diagram but I couldn't figure how.

Your assertion that it is easy to overlook underscores the point I am trying to make.

I wonder if a revision of the tab system in use on the Alamaze Online Order System along the following lines might be feasible:

This is a crude example, but it might be a viable way of making previously issued Standing Orders more visually obvious. It would also allow the Sumry tab, which is an abbreviation, also, to then read Summary.

(08-04-2023, 12:18 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 12:04 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: Your standing orders are on the review of your current turn. Listed in the text box below in the order of the lowest numbered order first.

The "review of the current turn" being where? On the Sumry tab?

Listed in the text box below - Below what?

Where does it say Standing Order(s)?

Maybe I'm just looking past it, inadvertently, but I still don't see it.

On the UN5684R1.html file, I see where it says

We also executed the following Standing Orders:

Order    A      B      C      D      E      F      G      H      I      J    Gold

------ ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------

But I am referring to on the Alamaze Online Order System, the thing where a player issues orders for the next turn. Is there a visual reminder on there, so that a player issuing turn orders doesn't inadvertently issue an order for a character that he/she previously issued a Standing Order for?

Sorry, it's listed when you verify orders.

Turn orders Turn #3 for the Underworld are in.

For me, as the player of the Underworld, Turn #2 went well enough, I reckon. No major disasters transpired, and it's really all about me getting a better feel for at least some of what the basics of the game are.

I succeeded at enamoring my starting region. This should hopefully enable me to be better prepared for forthcoming emissary actions (#320 - Rebel Pop Center and #330 - Usurp Pop center). That's the hope, anyway.

I succeeded at causing a pop center to rebel from the control of its human masters, and now it is officially neutral.

I succeeded at proposing a new issue to the High Council. Yeah, it's a self-serving action, but it isn't as though there are a lot of choices (from my perspective), and I do want to better grasp what kingdoms can do, as well as how to do it.

An attempt to have my kingdom's Court Fool to Entertain Royal Court met with failure, and netted my king no net increase in his influence. A successful use of the order, but a failure for the order's outcome. I count it as a win for me, as a player, since the order itself went off without a hitch, but also, I count it as a failure for my kingdom, simultaneously, since it ended up being a waste of an order that accomplished nothing. Pah!

I succeeded at increasing the number of standing orders that my kingdom has in effect, simultaneously.

I succeeded at learning the regional reaction of another kingdom. No nefarious motive behind this. Rather, just exploring what kind of feedback that I receive for the order issued. I've never used that particular order before.

My military units/armies that I am moving about the map sure don't get very far during a single turn's worth of movement. Even still, I am fiddling with them, and gaining a little bit of familiarization with that aspect of the game's design.

Thus far, I haven't proven very adept at stumbling upon pop centers, due to the fog of war that overlays the portions of the map that, thus far, remain unexplored. Hopefully, that will change in the coming turns, as I employ more agents to search for them. Currently, though, I get the feeling in my gut that my kingdom is currently behind, in that aspect of the game.

I have done some minor improvement of pop centers, so I count those efforts as minor successes. Gold, gold, always a shortage of gold, it seems, no matter what I undertake to do. Fortunately, other kingdoms continue to make robust efforts to train their agents, so that boon of gold continues to aid me in my question to issue my kingdom's total number of available orders each turn, thus far.

The Training of Agents by Kingdom for Turn #2
Ancient Ones = 1
Dark Elven = 2
Halfling = 5
Lycans = 4
Lizard Men = 3
Giants = 1

The training of my own kingdom's agents continues apace. Not as swiftly with as many agents as I would otherwise prefer, but there are always other competing interests vying for the same available order slots and available gold resources on hand.

From reviewing the current turn's map, I see that the following kingdoms already control at least one Major City:
Lizard Men = 1
Halfling = 1

Human = 1
Neutral = 5

* Note: This includes only the 8 Major Cities that I can see on my current map.

I have used the #501 – Rapid Agent Training (Underworld only) order successfully.

My agents, collectively, have succeeded in finding exactly zero pop centers over the course of the first two turns. :Confusedigh:: This is my life as the Underworld, apparently!

I hope that you don't mind me sharing a few details from the Underworld.

The Training of Agents by Kingdom for Turn #1
Ancient Ones = 1
Dark Elven = 3
Deathknights = 2
Elementalist = 1
Free Traders = 3
Giants - 2
Halfling = 4
Lizard Men = 1
Lycans = 6
Red Dragon = 1

The Training of Agents by Kingdom for Turn #2
Ancient Ones = 1
Dark Elven = 2
Halfling = 5
Lycans = 4
Lizard Men = 3
Giants = 1

Total Training of Agents (minus the Underworld) to date (as of the end of Turn #2):
Ancient Ones = 2
Dark Elven = 5
Deathknights = 2
Elementalist = 1
Free Traders = 3
Giants - 3
Halfling = 9
Lizard Men = 4
Lycans = 10
Red Dragon = 1

* NOTE: The Sorcerer kingdom is the only kingdom that has not trained any agents, as of the end of Turn #2.

I like this update from the UN Agent training corps, now I know to watch out for those sneaky Halflings and the vicious Lycans! Smile

(08-03-2023, 08:29 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 07:33 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 05:56 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: QUESTION: When logged into a game of Alamaze, how do I tell where my standing orders issued in a previous turn are displayed?

So far, I don't see it on any tab that I click on for this game.

You can look at your orders summary from the last turn and you will see all of the Standing Orders you have issued.

So, the information in question isn't listed on the current turn's orders screen, as a reminder to the player?

How does a new player intuitively know that it's only available, if they load the last turn's orders?

Reload the last turn, look at and write down/make a mental note (provided that they don't forget, while going between turns), and then load the new turn again?

Since the system tracks the standing orders, anyway, wouldn't it make more sense for it to visually alert/display, somehow, that particular information for the player, while on the screen to issue orders for the new turn? It seems to me that that would be the more intuitive approach of the two.

Your standing orders show up in your order checker too.  I always used to check the order checker after every couple of orders and save quite a few times in the process of doing the turn.

(08-04-2023, 10:38 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 08:29 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 07:33 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 05:56 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: QUESTION: When logged into a game of Alamaze, how do I tell where my standing orders issued in a previous turn are displayed?

So far, I don't see it on any tab that I click on for this game.

You can look at your orders summary from the last turn and you will see all of the Standing Orders you have issued.

So, the information in question isn't listed on the current turn's orders screen, as a reminder to the player?

How does a new player intuitively know that it's only available, if they load the last turn's orders?

Reload the last turn, look at and write down/make a mental note (provided that they don't forget, while going between turns), and then load the new turn again?

Since the system tracks the standing orders, anyway, wouldn't it make more sense for it to visually alert/display, somehow, that particular information for the player, while on the screen to issue orders for the new turn? It seems to me that that would be the more intuitive approach of the two.

Your standing orders show up in your order checker too.  I always used to check the order checker after every couple of orders and save quite a few times in the process of doing the turn.

Also if you click on cancel standing orders it will list all of your current standing orders.

R

R that was posted 10 pages back lol