Alamaze - New

Full Version: #145 - New Player Primeval with Wizard Mentor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I don't think I'm too qualified to talk about the Gnome strengths versus weaknesses, since this is my first attempt at running any race in this game. Heck, it took me a while to figure out what ESO meant above. I looked over the dossier and saw that I have some positives and some negatives, but think the others know what they are. If not, send me some gold and I'll gladly share. Smile
Need to use the mentor more. Part of the fun is figuring out what I did incorrectly.
The Gnome King welcomes the Black Dragons to the high council! His bid seems even more skillful than ours since he joined at a much less expensive price. Now if I could get my units to get what I wanted them to do instead of what I told them to do...
Thanks, Mister Gnome King!

I'm wondering if there is a really mean gremlin in my fingers making me type my orders in wrong... Yeah, that's what is MUST be....

Enjoying the Black Dragons - they move the fast, and their emmys are not as bad as I thought they were.

The winter months get rough in the north - good luck!
Welcome to the Council, Dwarf of Dwarves and Master of the Talking Mountains!

Whooohooo! First region! He shoots! He scores! You, Sir, indeed have shiney black boots!

Hope everybody's turns went ok - mine was decent, but still playing catchup from previous snafus.
Congrats to the DW on the region. Did you plan ahead and already start working on next region?

Feel free to post some of the mistakes made. That way everyone learns.

For me I am messing around a bit. Going for gold vs territory I will have over 100k gold next turn but am starting to feel the crunch on food. Should get one or two regions soon

I see the GN dominating the council so far. Seems to be using it for regional reactions. Kind of a different approach.
Thanks all for posting. As JF says, please confess your errors so everyone can learn from them. Also, don't forget to bounce your ideas off JF - later on in your Alamaze life you won't have that kind of opportunity to soak up that kind of knowledge.
(07-09-2014, 12:56 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]I see the GN dominating the council so far. Seems to be using it for regional reactions. Kind of a different approach.

We'll have to see how my strategy plays out. If it works, it's brilliant. If it fails, I should have done something else. Maybe use to raise influence.
Main problems with me so far are typos in the orders, using ravens but not putting wizard initials, issuing move orders to areas that are not adjacent. Stuff that experienced users have already conquered. To be honest, I've burned a couple orders just to see what happens.

JF has been very helpful (and patient) with my questions.
(07-09-2014, 05:38 PM)Ukla the Mok Wrote: [ -> ]Stuff that experienced users have already conquered.

You'll find that the experienced players will still make order input errors on a not too infrequent basis.
(07-09-2014, 07:00 PM)Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2014, 05:38 PM)Ukla the Mok Wrote: [ -> ]Stuff that experienced users have already conquered.

You'll find that the experienced players will still make order input errors on a not too infrequent basis.

And here I thought all you EXPERIENCED players NEVER made mistakes... ;-)
Hello everyone, I am new to the game and just took over the elven kingdom. If anyone would like to contact me my e-mail is Billvr68@yahoo.com. Will post some of my finding as I see them. My goals at start are to figure out what orders I want to do, how much I can spend and recon as much as I can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21