Alamaze - New

Full Version: #145 - New Player Primeval with Wizard Mentor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Greetings from the land of the lazy lizards -

Grats to the Gnomes on their region and the Warlock on his council seat - hoping that they both get regions next turn. It is really awesome to finally get a region.

Enjoying this format a lot. Had a decent turn. Shout outs to Grasshopper, who suffers in silence and is my hero.

Testing some game mechanics this turn and next - want to put a few more data points on the 170 spreadsheet. 171 seems a lot more effective, but I'm not exactly brimming over with magical prowess. Also messing around with emmys to explore them a bit more.

Don't think those lazy lizards could 170 their way out of a paper bag... they need to earn their keep before I get the hankering for some new boots...

Magic seems to have good utility, but I'm not sure if it is really all that cost effective. Sure looks fun, though.
I'm afraid I messed up both my games with the reinforcements ! Have to try and remember to concentrate. My memory is not as it used to be.

I should have enough food for the winter, but its a bit of hard one when you just start out ! And my memory isn't as good as it use to be
Think of it this way: with those reinforcements food would have been even more scarce during winter....

At least that's what I tell myself when I mess up my reinforcements.
Are fighting Dragons that more difficult than fighting "Normal" people ?

Not thank I want to mind you...................nice dragons....I have a fake one in my garden (people ask me how can I have a fake dragon in my garden....obviously it can't be real I tell them).
(07-18-2014, 07:58 PM)Lord Kain Wrote: [ -> ]Are fighting Dragons that more difficult than fighting "Normal" people ?

Not thank I want to mind you...................nice dragons....I have a fake one in my garden (people ask me how can I have a fake dragon in my garden....obviously it can't be real I tell them).
Well, it depends on which dragons. You only have the sissy dragons in this variant, which are not nearly as bad as the red ones. The biggest problem is that they can attack on a 1, do a lot of damage and fly away before you can hurt them. The sissy dragons are not all that great at taking pop centers in my experience.
They also move very fast so do try and avoid retreating vs the BL they do tend to make you pay big for that. But if you catch then in a full fight your little DW should hold there ground fairly well
Darn all you people giving away all my secrets! /shakes.fist

But yeah, the Black dragons like to chicken-peck and fly away. I would be loathe to face the infantry phase vs Dwarves in a fair fight.

Their mobility is amazing, though.
Hey all, wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on how we proceed with the game now that everyone has a region. Since this is a noobie game, I did not want to go full tilt after someone, but would rather make deals and such for the remaining lands. My empire really has only 2 places to expand into since Amberland was taken over, Northern Mists and Torvale. I would like to talk about dividing up these 2 areas in a peaceful manner that is both fair and equal. I also see that since there are so few empires this game, the dwarves can go south (Eastern Steppes), the Gnomes East (Arcania), and the Black Dragons can go north (Synisvania) with out running into another player empire. The Warlock is a mentor so probley not too concerned about a land grab cause I am sure everyone will give him Pop centers. That leaves me in a slight predicament since I know the Gnomes have begun taking parts of torvale.

I wanted to see if and how the other empires wanted to play the game. Strange as it may sound, from a land grab point of view, I seem to be in the least amount of competition with the Black Dragons. Hope this does not come off the wrong way, I just am trying to make sure everyone learns and has fun so I will not go on the offensive for even though this is a war game. I do not want to be the bad guy and turn someone off to the game. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

P.S. My intentions are as follows for the next few turns. Divide up the regions near Oakendell with the intention to take over either Torvale or the Northern Mists peacefully. I have no intent of taking over other players pop centers at this time and want to avoid any conflicts while we ALL expand our empires.
Hah, if the Gnomes are going North at least they are not going North East !

Yes we are going to have soooooooooooo much money

Its going to be difficult to attack other players. What does the Warlock say happens during the middle portion of this type of game ?
Are the Dwarves going for Eastern Steppes now or are they headed to Northern Mists?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21