Alamaze - New

Full Version: #145 - New Player Primeval with Wizard Mentor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(08-06-2014, 04:43 PM)Panda Wrote: [ -> ]Can a King wear the artifact - Ring of Protection ?

Yes he can, and is encouraged to do so! Smile
(08-06-2014, 04:49 PM)The Usurper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2014, 04:43 PM)Panda Wrote: [ -> ]Can a King wear the artifact - Ring of Protection ?

Yes he can, and is encouraged to do so! Smile

Unless, of course, you want the better protection and flexibility of a ward each turn.

Keep in mind that a ring of protection is not 100%, so if someone REALLY wanted to sleep your king, they could throw enough sleep spells at them to make sure it happened - I see (and do) this quite a bit.

Also, the ring will block beneficial magic, like conjure prestige (or ward, for that matter) with the same odds.

So, he can wear them, but as to whether you want him to wear them... that's an issue of circumstances.
We all know Dusi is the man, however I disagree with this tactic. Wear the ring, unless you are going to cast beneficial spells on yourself. If one ring of spells causes your opponent to use most of his wizards turn after turn, trying to sleep you, I would call that a victory. What I think you will find on most occasions is, other kingdoms won't take the risk, because wizards are valuable to use and some would not want to waste a spell on a 50% chance it might work.

The only way to really find out, is to do it, and see if it plays right with your playing style.
(08-06-2014, 02:54 PM)Rogal Wrote: [ -> ]I messed up the High Council bid this month so no issue. I did not put a bid in as a multiple of 500, I thought the bid was like the on to get on the council, any amount.
I put a bid in for a high council issue of X+500 gold, and got the message "the bid should be an increment of 500 gold, your bid was adjusted to (X+2)+500 gold." Wondering if this is a processing fluke or someone using sorcery to make my mission even more miserable.
Yea, turns are in, but I do wonder why Gnome emissaries are in my population centers, since there are still so many neutral ones in Torvel still.
Those Gnomes do like to wander. I do wonder when it will get him in trouble.
Probably sooner than later. Here I thought all those PC were neutral.
Growing fond of the Gnomes - good times!

This begs a roaming gnome joke but I've got nothing...
OK, I zap a region with my panda hugs and love and stuff ( 470 PANDA REGION ).

Region was hostile and under control before the Panda love.
Region still hostil and under control after the Panda love.

No changes to enemy/ally... no message that I had been hated on with a #475 aka leave poop in yer shoe order.

Is there a level of regional reaction below hostile? If so, begs the question is there a level of reaction above friendly?

Maaaan, I hate grinding faction....!!!....
/sings FACTION!-REACTION!-I can't get no, satisfaction! /ducks
(08-16-2014, 02:11 AM)Panda Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I zap a region with my panda hugs and love and stuff ( 470 PANDA REGION ).

Region was hostile and under control before the Panda love.
Region still hostil and under control after the Panda love.

No changes to enemy/ally... no message that I had been hated on with a #475 aka leave poop in yer shoe order.

Is there a level of regional reaction below hostile? If so, begs the question is there a level of reaction above friendly?

Maaaan, I hate grinding faction....!!!....
/sings FACTION!-REACTION!-I can't get no, satisfaction! /ducks

Yes, there is a regional reaction below hostile (call it hostile supreme). Usually occurs when your starting reaction level is hostile and the region is subsequently controlled by someone who's declared you enemy (or a natural enemy). I.E. The GN starts with a hostile regional reaction in TM. If the DW takes control of TM, then the GN regional reaction level would be hostile supreme and take to 470s to get to suspicious.

The flip side is..call it friendly plus. You are friendly in region and then gain control. It would take someone two denigrations to get you to tolerant (I believe). Most often occurs through infuriate populace spells.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21